Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog rescued from frozen pond

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Cazz enigma, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Cazz enigma

Cazz enigma PetForums Member

Sorry if someone has already posted this

Poor dog, hope he was ok

Finnley started to walk onto the pond near us, on the common last week, scared the life out of me!! Shouted for him to come, thank god he did...

Save a Dog Trapped in an Icy Pond - YouTube

2. BumbleFluff

BumbleFluff PetForums VIP

Aww poor dog :( Good to see everyone working together to save him :) Big well done to everyone, they should be very proud of themselves.

3. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

There are stories every year of dogs & their owners dying because they fall through iced over rivers/lakes, it's so sad. I just don't understand why people don't keep their dogs leashed when walking near water when it has frozen.

Most of my walks are along rivers so my two are never offlead at when the river is frozen simply for their own safety

4. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

There are a few people on here who have put pic's of there dog's walking on pond ice :mad: big no no in my eye's !

5. totallypets

totallypets PetForums Senior

We have signs on the ponds in one local park now as last winter a completely irresponsible owner was throwing a tennis ball onto the ice. Needless to say eventually the poor dog fell through. Two park staff helped to rescue the dog - one going into the pond, the other tried in vain to resuscitate it once it finally got back to dry land. Some people are too stupid to be responsible for other lives.:mad:

6. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

What??! :eek: Why would people do that?! :(

7. Bea

Bea PetForums Member

You do hear about it on the news etc but when it happens to someone you know it becomes a bit more real.

Poppy, a gentle soppy GR (one of my clients) chased a bird across the ice whilst out with her owner and child. She fell through the Ice and died. They had to wait a week for the ice to thaw before they could find her body.

How anyone can let their beloved dog play near/ on frozen ponds is beyond me :(

8. alyssa_liss

alyssa_liss PetForums VIP

we have a tiny pond in our garden ...more like a puddle really lol OH was amased at max when he casually strolled over it . needless to say he got told to get off it bloody quickly.
    maybe people think that there dog wont do it ...:S

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice