UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My foster daughter has developed a very special relationship with our bossy, dominant terrier. I have come to the conclusion that they both have the same personality. They both love being centre of attention, are very strong mentally, very gungho and yet very loving. She has taught him numerous tricks which he will only do for her. Last night we were treated to him rolling over and over at the lift of her finger, obeyed every time. She is now working on "hide face " and it wont be long before he does that. She had 3rd in a local dog show with him doing his obedience which did her the world of good confidence wise. When she arrived here she had been badly bitten by a terrier and was very nervous, so its such a joy to see them now

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Whatever the reason, it sounds like he is doing her a lot of good :). I have a friend who fosters and she is convinced her spaniel helps settle the children.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I would definately agree, we have ponies as well and she has proved to be an exceptionally gifted rider. I have been lucky, Ive never had a foster child who is abusive to the animals. I think they teach them to accept love and looking after them teaches responsibility. I love your dog is she a lakeland

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
I think its must be because the animals don't criticize or judge, what a lucky girl your foster daughter is now! Dogs and Ponies :eek: :D

Thank you, we don't know what she is, think she is just a terrier cross, possibly JRT x choc yorkie but she certainly does have a look of a lakeland, we met one when she was just a pup (she wasn't ours then but we knew her) and then there was a big resemblance, but they are all crosses at the beginning anyway.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes they are, I used to have a lakeland rescue bitch, she was the most loving, faithfull dog ever. I,ve now got a Patterdale cross, a rescued lurcher and a spoilt, fat little Cairn bitch. I think neglected dogs and children go one of two ways, either very angry and hurt or very gratefull and loving. My dogs and my two girls are now mutually beneficial.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Yes they are, I used to have a lakeland rescue bitch, she was the most loving, faithfull dog ever. I,ve now got a Patterdale cross, a rescued lurcher and a spoilt, fat little Cairn bitch. I think neglected dogs and children go one of two ways, either very angry and hurt or very gratefull and loving. My dogs and my two girls are now mutually beneficial.
Oh she definitely aint a lakeland then, lol :p

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha, I think I had one of the exceptions, I was the first kind person she had ever met and she repaid me over and over. I love the feisty nature of terriers, mostly they own you not you them.. My lucher is also a rescue, he was thrown on the road in a dreadfull state and hes the same, to the point where he has separation anxiety and we cant go on hols without him. yours looks like a madam lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.