Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog Nuzzling Other Dog's Armpit Until Bleeding???

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by GeorgeWilson, Oct 5, 2018.

1. GeorgeWilson

GeorgeWilson PetForums Newbie

Hello, this is an odd one and I hope I am posting it in the right place.

My pet Chihuahua is constantly nuzzling his snout in my beagle's front 'armpit'. He does this whilst thrusting his hips. He is doing this so much that the armpit of my beagles is red raw, and it causes it to bleed. It is the same 'armpit' every time. He does not exhibit signs of pain and when I tried separating them, the beagle was the first to be upset about it, as if it doesn't bother him at all. What is going on?

My beagle is a beagle/jack russell cross. He is 9 years old.

I understand that I should contact a vet, and we are, but I am asking on behalf of my parents and out of curiosity if anyone has seen or known of dogs to have similar behavior.

Thanks for your help :)

2. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

There's a quite famous case of a dog that kept nuzzling a spot on her owner's leg; it turned out there was a cancer growing there. I've also had my dogs paying unwanted attention to wounds.
    As the beagle cross has been bleeding, she should be checked over by a vet. It could just be infection, but it won't heal if the the chihuahua is allowed to continue rubbing the area. Separate them, don't allow the behaviour.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice