UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

i have a 18month old german short haired pointer who looks very skinny for her breed ,

i feed her a big feed every day which she eats but she never puts on any weight and looks ver thin, could this be a medical problem???

·
Registered
9,572 Posts
Hi Their

Has she been wormed? im not saying she has worms im just trying to think why she maybe skinny. How active is she it maybe she needs abit more food if shes really active. The other thing it maybe is down to her age but im sure more experienced members will come along and help you.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Hi there,some breeds dont really start putting on weight until a bit older.Is she generally healthy otherwise? poos ok? has she been wormed regularly?
What food is she eating?

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
The vet told me to put Fizz on an active dog food for a few months to see if this helped when she lost a lot of weight and it worked really well.....if you're concerned even if your pooch is otherwise ok I would call and book an appointment with the vet xx

G

·
big dogs like that can go through a gangly stage but if hes so thin i would just get a vet to check him over, breast of lamb is very good for underweight dogs.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
hello

i have a 18month old german short haired pointer who looks very skinny for her breed ,

i feed her a big feed every day which she eats but she never puts on any weight and looks ver thin, could this be a medical problem???
If your concerned get him checked out :)
My 18month old Viz is very gangly and on the lean side, if your girl is anything like my Viz they are young and very energetic breeds and burn it off :rolleyes: :)
I give him lamb mince which seems to help, i also give him three small meals a day :)

·
Banned
21,573 Posts
Have to agree with Shamen, lamb breast is brilliant for putting on weight, better (in my experience) than tripe, although I'm chuckling at the contradiction with the wording in your siggy :lol: Another good thing I've found for giving them good condition, not just chucking weight on them, is beast (beef) and lambs heart, they love it!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.