Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog nail damage

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Dougthebug88, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Dougthebug88

Dougthebug88 PetForums Newbie

Hi, I'm hoping somebody can hibe me some advice on how to deal with a nail injury as i cannot get a vet appointment until Tuesday.
    My dog caught his nail running and it bled at first and he wouldnt let us touch him at all. Went off his food and was really grumpy. His behaviour is slightly better now but he is constantly liking the nail. It looks quite pink underneath.should we stop him licking it?
    His nail looks orange on the picture but that was a petkin blood stop swab I used. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Keep an eye on it and try to not let him lick it too much.
    My dog split her nail somehow and it became infected, she started limping and then24 hours later she began licking the toe which when I realised it was damage there and not a pulled muscle or something. She was on a/b’s for 5 days plus a pain killing med and was right as rain a few days later. However she kept fussing over the nail and a week later took the whole nail off leaving the quick. I’m keeping an eye on it in case another infection starts up, seems to be healing well and she’s less bothered about it just has a lick now and again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice