UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a really horrible day today, my friend was walking her two Mini's arround to us, ABOUT 2-30 to have their playtime with Alfie, when a Bull Mastiff charged up and started attacking her two dogs, Lee was screaming for someone to help her, the apparent owner of the dog was standing in her doorway wrapped in a bath robe, when two more mastiffs came out the house and started attacking as well, one of the girls slipped her collar and lead and ran off, and the second one did the same, luckily Amber run round to us and then went home but Willow has disappeared completely. We have driven around and around the area and called her til we are both hoarse. My O/H took Amber to the Vets where she has a cut to her back leg and her front leg, neck and back are very badly bruised. We have searched until now but No luck, my friend is in a terrible state. Willow is 3 years old Pepper and Salt, and just about to come into season. She is chipped and has been reported lost, the Police are involved. Poor Alfie's wife is missing and he's so quiet, he knows something is wrong, when Amber came back from the Vet she lay in the car and was crying, no doubt missing Willow, they have never been apart from when they were puppies. I am so upset myself I don't know what to do to help my friend.

·
Registered
10,738 Posts
I'm so sorry to read this what a horrible thing to happen.

Have you or your firend registered willow as missing on DogLost - Reuniting Lost Dogs With Their Owners . They will send an alert to volunteers in the area, who are willing to add their eyes and ears to help look for Willow.

I hope the poor thing is found soon.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
That is so distressing for you all and your beloved dogs. Do hope you are all reunited soon and that the owner of the offending dogs gets her just deserts.

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
I hope to God they find her and it's about time the owners of these awful viscous dogs were made to pay a penalty. Is it any wonder there are so many dog haters around with people like this owning dogs?

Please let us know if she is found. :(

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
How awful, your poor friend :( I know how distressing it was when Lily went missing.

I really hope she turns up safe and well soon. If I lived nearer I would be out there looking for her myself. Maybe if you gave the details of the area she is missing in there might be some local volunteers willing to help look for her.

Does your friend think she was injured or just frightened?

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
:( Oh no, I hope she is found safe and sound very soon. Get your friend to register her on http://www.doglost.co.uk/ they are invaluable at times like this and will make more people aware so that they can also keep their eyes peeled. I wish I was closer so I could help you search for her.

It's about time idiot owners like that get what's coming to them! :mad:

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
I've had a really horrible day today, my friend was walking her two Mini's arround to us, ABOUT 2-30 to have their playtime with Alfie, when a Bull Mastiff charged up and started attacking her two dogs, Lee was screaming for someone to help her, the apparent owner of the dog was standing in her doorway wrapped in a bath robe, when two more mastiffs came out the house and started attacking as well, one of the girls slipped her collar and lead and ran off, and the second one did the same, luckily Amber run round to us and then went home but Willow has disappeared completely. We have driven around and around the area and called her til we are both hoarse. My O/H took Amber to the Vets where she has a cut to her back leg and her front leg, neck and back are very badly bruised. We have searched until now but No luck, my friend is in a terrible state. Willow is 3 years old Pepper and Salt, and just about to come into season. She is chipped and has been reported lost, the Police are involved. Poor Alfie's wife is missing and he's so quiet, he knows something is wrong, when Amber came back from the Vet she lay in the car and was crying, no doubt missing Willow, they have never been apart from when they were puppies. I am so upset myself I don't know what to do to help my friend.
So sorry to hear about your friend and the dogs hope the little one is found safe. Notice your in brimingham, and looks like they keep a data base and thats where strays are often taken there are some useful details on there too if a dog is lost.

Lost your Dog? | Birmingham Dogs Home

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Oh god, what a horrific ordeal for you, your friend and her poor dogs. She must be beside herself. I wish there was something I could do to help. I hope you hear some news soon and she it returned safely. :(

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
poor dog, lets hope she is found safe and sound by morning :(

as others have said put an ad on doglost and maybe could put some posters up, through doors etc to try make more people in the area aware so they can keep an eye out.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Ohh this is awful, I hope your friend finds her lovely doggie today. She must be beside herself and I can imagine that you are very worried as well.

Hoping for some good news

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.