Dog magazines

1K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  rona 
G
#1 ·
Do any of you read the doggy mags?
Are any of them good?
What do they cover mainly?

#3 ·
I read Dogs Today. It has everything for every dog owner to the serious breeder and shower to the pet dog owners. I really enjoy reading it as not only does it have some very informative and thought provoking articles it also has refreshing and light stories from other dog owners

#4 ·
i occassionally buy both dogs today and your dog but not often, there has to be something i really want to read in it before i buy.

I dont always agree with the behaviour problem solutions some of the "expets" give but the other sections seem ok.

i prefer to buy i dog book anyday

#5 ·
I read 'Your Dogs' and 'Dogs Monthly', i am subscribed to both and really enjoy them coming through my letterbox! They cover all sorts of issues, they have breed profiles, walks for you and your dog around all different places. Letters from public about everything really. I really enjoy the articles in them. Your dog has reader diaries in them and follow 4 different people and their dogs....... eeerrrmmm what else?? Loads really, pick one up in your local and have a browse, i like reading anyway but the short articles in the magazines are good when you havn;t got time for a 'full' read as such and just have half hour to spare!

G
#6 ·
Yep! I get em all!! but normally a month behind as we have a guy that comes to our local market an sells mags 3 for£2.50 - obviously the ones that have not sold in the newsagents.. That said I have not had any for six weeks of so! BUT - I actually find them pretty much the same and have NO clear favorities! AND would not like to have to ay full price for them. Also ocassionaly buy the shooting mags when he has those on and sporting dog!
DT

#7 ·
I read 'Dogs Today' and 'Your Dog' every month. I have done for years. Lol

I prefer Dogs Today and I'm gutted this month as we were a bit short and I can't find it anywhere so waiting for it to be delivered and have now asked my newsagent to keep one for me each month!

x

#8 ·
Which month are you waiting for as I have August's? I'm finished with it and can pass it on to you if you like :D

#12 ·
I read them all :blushing: I have to say i love Dogs Today more than others recently. It was a shame that their cats today only lasted a year.

And all the cat ones............and wildlife...........

Yep i know i'm mad!!!
xx

#13 ·
Dogs Today is my favourite! I love this months cover! Then Dogs Monthly. I'm less fussed on Your Dog but have still bought it the last couple of months, not sure if I will keep buying though. With cover prices pushing four quid it can get quite expensive!

#14 ·
I bought one a few months back and there was an article about 'owners online' I got the general impression he was mocking us dog forum members, and he was talking about all dog/animal forums in general but he registered with an undiscolsed forum and became an active member to do research!

Did make me goggle but still, didn't like to be mocked!!

Also there was a free lead which I tried out (it was pretty) but as I clipped it onto Lady's collar (she NEVER pulls) and it snapped and the connection fell apart!!!!

#15 ·
I bought one a few months back and there was an article about 'owners online' I got the general impression he was mocking us dog forum members, and he was talking about all dog/animal forums in general but he registered with an undiscolsed forum and became an active member to do research!

Also there was a free lead which I tried out (it was pretty) but as I clipped it onto Lady's collar (she NEVER pulls) and it snapped and the connection fell apart!!!!
That would be the Dogs Monthly mag then :)

There was something from them mentioned on the website re that free lead.

#16 ·

Inside the latest issue of Dogs Monthly magazine: Due to what appears to be a manufacturing problem, a batch of the leads that were free with the May and June issues of Dogs Monthly have been found to be faulty. To be on the safe side – as we do not know how many leads are affected – we are strongly advising people not to use the leads in case the clip fails.

Dogs Monthly apologises for any disappointment this may cause.

#17 ·
I saw that issue with the free lead and thought about getting it. I'm glad I didn't now as Shen is a right wotsit for pulling. He would have thought all his birthdays and Christmases came at once if the lead snapped.

#20 ·
i tend to read a lot of stuff online instead as a few of the mags have internet sites with a lot of the news and articles you can read for free - and then there are some online mags too....i will have a look through my favourites and post some links when i get a sec

#24 ·
here you go, as promised, some online dog mags and news sites I regularly take a look at - they dont have as much as the mags, but beats paying some of their prices!

K9 Magazine | Lifestyle magazine for modern dog lovers

Dog News | Dog News

Dog World - Home

ScienceDaily: Dog News

Dog Star Daily

I also regularly keep my eye out for new/different blogs etc by well known trainers & behaviourists - you can find these recommended around this and other forums and through google etc.

Hope these are of interest!

#25 ·
Inside the latest issue of Dogs Monthly magazine: Due to what appears to be a manufacturing problem, a batch of the leads that were free with the May and June issues of Dogs Monthly have been found to be faulty. To be on the safe side – as we do not know how many leads are affected – we are strongly advising people not to use the leads in case the clip fails.

Dogs Monthly apologises for any disappointment this may cause.
I have that lead!! And my boy is a big puller, but it is still intact and i like it!! Although i be more careful about where i use it with him now!
x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.