Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog Lost

Discussion in 'Lost and Found Dogs' started by claire coleman, Aug 10, 2009.

1. claire coleman

claire coleman PetForums Newbie

My 11 month old Beagle, Buddy, went missing 12 days ago and sadly we still haven't received any news on his whereabouts. Is it likely we will ever get him back now - not sure what the statistics are for missing dogs.

2. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever PetForums VIP

have you posted him on any dog lost sites?

told/asked the post man, bin men, milk men etc..... - they are possibly more likely to see him since they are up so early.

3. claire coleman

Yes, the milkman/postman/dustmen, we've postered the area and delivered about 1,000 leaflets. Contacted the vets in the area, Battersea Dogs Home, local rescue centre, dog warden. Written to the local newspaper and registered on Doglost.co.uk, petregister, PAWS, and the RSPCA notices section. Just don't know what else to do anymore.

4. GSDlover4ever

what about writing to some dog magazines- maybe they could publish his information!

is their a reward for his safe return?

i would also post his detail son his forum - u never know it might be helpfull :)

5. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

I'm so sorry about Buddy :( Please don't give up. Spend every minute you can looking online and signing up to every lost/found website. Check the small ads on any news sites. Sign up to any Beagle specific forums and spread the word. Beagle breeders may be approached with a dog for sale and if they kow about Buddy they will be more vigilant.

Can I assue Buddy is chipped? The good news is any vet worth their salt now checks new patients for existing chips and checks against Petlog. Make sure Petlog know he is missing of course.

Local animal shelters need to know he is missing too.

Good luck and please keep us updated. You're living my worst nightmare.

6. claire coleman

Thanks for your message. Buddy is microchipped and we'd hoped that he would have been delivered to a vet/rescue centre/dog warden etc. so that he could have been scanned. We are trying to not give up hope, it is 2 weeks today since he went missing. We posted a £200 reward on our latest batch of posters/leaflets but really we'd pay any amount to get him back - we were advised not to advertise higher as it might attract bogus callers. We are in regular contact with the local authorities, we were advised to widen our search to a 50 mile radius which is pretty overwhelming. Some days you don't want to face it and do any postering - trying to stay positive. Have registered with doglost.co.uk, nationalpetregister, PAWS and alfieslostdogs.com.

7. GSDlover4ever

why dont you put a poster on here - you never know someone might have seen him :)

8. claire coleman

Hi, not very experienced with website - can you give me some guidance as to how to publish Buddy's missing poster here, I have a document saved as a Word file. Thanks, Claire

9. HighPr00

HighPr00 Banned

If you click the paper clip icon at the top of the message reply box you can attach the word document to your post.

I hope you're reunited soon. :)

10. claire coleman

Thank you for guidance on attachments. Missing poster for Buddy is attached to this message.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice