Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

dog lost weight......help...

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by animallover111, Aug 15, 2009.

1. animallover111

I fed all our dogs on a raw diet.....but Tilly our cross terrier has lost alot of weight...we are up to date with worming etc....took her to the vets this morning and he says she is fit and healthy...no signs of anything wrong....she is very energetic...she has 1.5hrs exercise in the morning......1hr at lunch...and 1.5-2hrs on an evening......the vets suggested a working dogs dried food.....or another dried food along with her raw.....but i dont have a clue which dry food....:confused: :confused: can anyone suggest a good dry food to feed along with a raw diet.....thanks...michelle....

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

What raw food does she get?

Lamb breast and tripe are meant to be good at putting weight on.

3. animallover111

I fed them tripe,lamb ribs,poultry necks,chicken wings,minced chicken,beef and lamb,beef chunks,pigs heads and rabbit.....also veg.....and its not though she is starving as she always leaves some.....i have tried feeding her twice a day but she only eats the same amount.....:confused: :confused:

4. shazalhasa

shazalhasa PetForums VIP

Lamb is excellent for giving some weight, tripe however is more water retention than actual body mass.

What about adding boiled rice or pasta to her diet excellent source of energy. If you give it before the exercising, she'll burn off the calories from the carbs and then give her the protein afterwards... help to build lean muscle.

Brown rice and wholemeal pasta is best

5. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

How old is she?

6. animallover111

my worry is she isnt getting everything she needs fron her diet.....and obviously i dont want her to be unhealthy.....

7. animallover111

18months.....and always been fed the same.....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice