Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog Loos

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by kdlang, Aug 3, 2009.

1. kdlang

kdlang PetForums Junior

Just wondered if anyone had one of those Good Boy Clean Green Dog Loos?

I bought one a couple of days ago and been waitning for the dry weather to get out and dig the hole for it. I'm really annoyed now because i have tried digging in 2 different places in my garden only to get 10" down and hit a load of clay. I know it needs to have decent drainage and clay isnt good for that but didn't know if it was worth persevering with it anyway. Has anyone else encountered similar problems?
    Iv also seen on ebay a wormery that is supposed to break down dog poo. Anyone had one of these?

I know it may seem daft but im just tryin to find a more environmentally friendly way of gettin rid of the dog poop instead of keep chuckin poo bags in the bin. My dogs always do their biz in the garden as they are trained not to do it on lead.

2. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

I have been wondering recently if those dog loos are any good or not. We had one years ago and next doors lads broke the lid with their football but I can't for the life of me remember whether it was any good or not - probably because I never cleaned up after the dogs then, my mum and dad did it.:laugh: I would be interested to see what people thought of them because we have two small dogs and I also hate putting all the poo bags in the bin.

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Ive heard of the womery ones, not sure how good they are though.

I would have tried one, but they are awfully expensive.

4. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

I had one some years ago but didnt find it much use, but then I had 8 dogs at the time, also thats when they first came out so they may have improved since then.

5. kdlang

kdlang PetForums Junior

I can imagine 8 dogs would fill it up pretty quickly lol.

Has anyone else used one successfully?

6. nhamblin84

nhamblin84 PetForums Member

we have looked at them too...but havent managed to get one yet! would be good to hear of peoples experiences of them though :)

7. Snoringbear

Snoringbear PetForums VIP

I had one. I didn't install it in a big enough hole with sufficient drainage due to similar problems. It was pretty useless.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice