Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog leaving wet patches!??

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Rhianne, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Rhianne

Rhianne PetForums Junior

Hi,

I have a 10yr old spaniel, recently he’s been scooting his bum quite a lot. I’m talking the past 2 months every so often. The last few days he’s been leaving little yellowish stains on his bed and then last night he left a much bigger stain which had a bad smell.

I’m thinking this could be his anal glands? Has anyone ever experienced this? Do you think they expressed themselves last night and now they’ll be fine?

he’s fine in himself and gets a ton of exercise & fed a high quality cooked diet. He’s due wormer in 3 weeks!

Not sure whether to take him to the vets or whether it’s already sorted itself out? Any advice appreciated :)

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

I’d take him to the vets.

If his AG’s are leaking and he’s scooting (which means he’s in discomfort ime) they need abet to deal with them.

DaisyBluebell, Twiggy and Torin. like this.
  3. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

I agree a trip to the vets is needed, sounds as if his very uncomfortable.

DaisyBluebell and Twiggy like this.
  4. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

Is it a strong fishy smell? If it is then it is an anal gland problem and he needs to see a vet to have them expressed.

DaisyBluebell likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice