Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog lead - help needed

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by merlin39, Jun 22, 2010.

1. merlin39

merlin39 PetForums Member

Hello all!
    i am looking for a longer fixed lead, i have a normal length lead but i would like to let my puppy pooch have a little more freedom on walks in the fields etc (recall is not yet an option he is only 12 weeks!). i have a 5 m training lead which is too long for normal walks (great for training as the name suggests) and i don't really want to get a flexi lead just wanted one about 1.5 2 m.
    does anyone where i can get one? i have seen owners with longer leads in the past.
    Thanks

2. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

I think the sooner you start off lead the better.

But to answer your question, I know Rogz do longer leads.

3. ploddingon

ploddingon PetForums Senior

You might find something on this site -

Dog collars leads and harnesses hands free leads training leads stop pull harnesses halti harnesses crufts collars and leads

I don't know if I am wrong here so wait for someone else to agree/disagree, but I would say that it would be a good idea to start recall training with your pup.

I started doing it with Bobby as soon as he could go out really, and he soon got the hang of it.

Unfortunately, as he is getting a bit older he is starting to find fluttering butterflies or birds as a bit more interesting!:rolleyes:

4. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Have a look at TuffStuff. They do mail order. I've got one of their 6-foot leads, and they do free embroidery of your phone number or whatever in case the lead gets lost. Collars too - removes the need for those jangly tags. They are comfortable to use and good quality - my dogs' collars have been in use for around 4 years now and are still in good condition, even after multiple washes.

5. merlin39

merlin39 PetForums Member

thanks guys, i will have a look at those websites etc.
    i know we should start recall training and we are in a safe environment on the training lead but i dare not let him off on the fields yet as everything is just too exciting and fear he would not recall! :eek: it is also good for those places where they need to be on the lead.
    we are going to puppy training classes starting next week (they don't take them until they are 13 weeks but are highly recommended :thumbup:) hopefully they will be able to give us the confidence to let him off!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice