Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog keeps squatting

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Jakr, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Jakr

Jakr Instagram @susiethestaffy

I have a female puppy who I took to the vets because I thought she had a UTI. The vet used a test stick and told me that it was clear, but gave me an anti inflammatory incase there was inflation. I finished giving her metacam yesterday but she's still squatting letting all her pee out then squatting and dribbling, letting bits out or not going at all. Is this just a normal puppy behaviour like marking her territory or what? I'm not sure what to do.

2. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Not normal by what you are describing and I would definitely recommend another vets visit.

Last time the vet mentioned 'some white blood cells' but not enough to be of alarm...maybe now this is an infection, or something is not quite right. Not being a vet, I can only guess on a bad case of cystitis or something else going on...

Have you mentioned this to her breeder with her being so young?

Sled dog hotel likes this.
  3. rona

rona Still missing my boys

You need to go back to the vets until they find what is the issue. They would have started treating the most usual for the symptoms but now they may do more in depth tests as it hasn't cleared up

Sled dog hotel and lullabydream like this.
  4. Ceiling Kitty

Ceiling Kitty Hides away from much through humour...

I'd see the vet.

5. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

If she still keeps repeatedly squatting producing various amounts from proper wees to spits and spots and sometimes nothing then it sounds like she needs to go back, especially if she is squatting a long time and appears to be straining.
    It does as said before sound like what happens with cystitis, which can come alongside a bacterial infection too, if they only gave you metacam and no antibiotics then it may be possible there is infection there too. Did you say that white cells in the urine had showed up? She definitely needs to be seen to find out what is going on.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice