UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm sure there must be a reason for this behaviour but I'm not sure what... regularly, my dog seems to walk up to me or my partner while we're sat down, and out of nowhere, she'll bang her hip against one of us, she'll walk by a couple or few times and do this...

I thought it was her just saying she wants to play, but normally when she wants to play, she'll bring you a toy of her choice.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

And just as a funny: her favourite time to bring you a toy is when you go to the loo!!! (cornered!)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahhh, bless her!

I have to probably add though that she'll bark, depending on our response. If we pat her back, she does it more and more, if we tell her to settle, she gets agitated and groans, if we don't respond at all, she'll bark at us.

Having said that, I see the logic now! Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
my retriever "bops" me all the time. usually its just coz she wants a bit of attention, or sometimes if she needs out for a wee or something. she will just bop me with her nose :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
My older dog puts his snout under your hand and gently pushes it, normally when he wants food :D my pup lies his head on the sofa and winges until you lift him up for a nap, even tho he can climb up himself when your not in the room :eek: lazy lil bugger :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aww is it really....mine do this to me, and each other....they also roll over each other lol.
one of mine actually kicks me, with her back legs lol.
Aw how cute!!!

Mine only bangs into you with her hips, she just side swipes. She'll do it if you're on the loo too. If she needs to go out, she comes to get you and licks you, then jumps up a bit. Her meal times are always set for the same time so she knows when it's due, she never asks for food.

She's not doing it to start playing, I know that much. If she wants to play, she'll bring you a toy, she's always done that.

I just wish I could understand what she's trying to say. All her other behaviour I can understand, but this has me baffled. I'll go along with the handshake thing though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.