Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog introductions

Discussion in 'Dog Walking' started by Jogags, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Jogags

Jogags PetForums Newbie

Hi
    I am due to set up my new business next month. How do people go about introducing dogs to each other when group walking?

2. jdwc

jdwc PetForums Newbie

I always introduce them to mine first. If I trust other dogs with mine then I feel more confident about trusting them with others. There are two of us so whenever we introduce dogs we try and do it when we are both around so if it doesnt go well, we can go our seperate ways. Start by walking them for a short distance on the lead and then if they are okay, we let them off for a while (assuming we have consent). It doesnt always work and we have had to say no to one dog who just didnt get on with any of our others. Be sure to do a home visit first to get a feel for the dog and owner although again, it doesnt always help.

#2 jdwc, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  3. DogsGoneRoaming

DogsGoneRoaming PetForums Member

We try to make sure there is two of us when introducing new dogs to each other like jdwc does.

Failing this i will use short leads and stay close to the van in case i do have to separate any dogs but all of my customers are thoroughly vetted before taking their dog on and they are aware that we will refuse any dog that reacts in a negative way.

jdwc likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice