Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

dog in your face

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by harmeetjohal, Jul 6, 2009.

1. harmeetjohal

harmeetjohal PetForums Senior

hi guys, whats the best way to keep your beloved out of your guests faces and cracks.....

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I shut mine in another room, unless the guest is happy to be slightly violated.

Ive never been able to train mine to be calm around new people, so this is the easiest option.

Ive heard that if you make sure everyone who comes into the house ignores your dog, they soon learn that being calm gets them rewarded with affection. You arent even meant to fuss your dog yourself if he/she greats you enthusiatically. Only fuss them when calm and quiet.

3. rona

rona Guest

If people come to mine to visit then they have to except my boys.
    That doesn't apply to meter readers etc

4. silly gilly

silly gilly PetForums Member

I wish I knew, I hate being short with them in the morning when they see me cos they are so happy, but my lurcher practically puts his paws around my neck and the terriers dance about and jump up. I try and push them away as you definately dont want them doing it with visitors or kids but it is hard. Once they have their initial ecstasys they generally respond to a little push and a command to sit down, then if you go out for even 5 minutes you have it all again. I dont like dogs jumping in your face, but I have to say mine dont sniff peoples nooks and cranies so at least I onluy :)have the one problem

5. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Ours are not Too bad.. We had them at oh mums when his sister arrived and both dogs were shaking because I had put them in a Down as the car came in the drive.
    Though as soon as Kate looked at them Dixie was up all over them but they were firm and told her down.

I would shut them in a room unless the visitors will either ignore or tell them to get down.

x

6. Dingle

Dingle PetForums VIP

Teach the dog "No!"

7. harmeetjohal

he is carm.... he carmly sticks his nose in ur butt crack.... and when ur sitting on the sofa he walk up to you and sticks his face if yours.... its ok if its a passing thing, but if ur sitting there and he is 'loving' got his face in yours and just stands there.... not nice....whats the best way to get that to stop?

8. harmeetjohal

any other tips?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice