Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog Holidays?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trackerbob, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Trackerbob

Trackerbob PetForums Junior

Hello All!

I am toying with the idea of going on a 'dog holiday' (Lake District or something like that) and wondered if anybody else has, or has any advice/ recommendations.

Bearing in mind I have 7 dogs, I know that I am pretty limited!

Hope everyone is well :D

2. rona

rona Guest

Hi I've been on several and it's very difficult to find places that are truly dog friendly, they say they are in the adverts but when you get there you usually find some difficulty. One I went to said they have decking in the garden, yes they did, all over it, no grass at all :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    The only place that I've been thats completely dog friendly is here
    Little Dumpledale Farm

7 dogs would be no problem :)

3. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

I only know the Highlands of Scotland but there are several places I know that accept dogs, Ballater is an amazing village with tonnes of dog friendly walking areas and nature reserves that are fab for walking and several dog friendly pubs (though I think only 1-2 per person otherwise soon be crowded lol)

Inveray Cottage

if you have a word with Alistair Cassie (the owner) he is very accomodating about pets - his rules are the house is as you found it when you leave so clean and pay for any breakages - he's a really nice guy though, have known him since I was wee

some of my pics taken in the area

Scotland

4. Trackerbob

Thanks guys!

Little Dumpledale looks brilliant!

Scotland is a bit far for me I think :D

5. francesandjon

francesandjon PetForums VIP

Camping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

Unfortunately an awful lot of sites will only allow 2 dogs per pitch.

7. Trackerbob

Lol, I'm all for being cold, wet & muddy, but I do like to have a hot shower afterwards! ::p

8. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

Buy/hire a motor home or caravan and join the caravan club, they have no limit to the amount of dogs you can take on site and have free hot showers :D

9. Dru

Dru PetForums Newbie

10. sunshine80

sunshine80 PetForums VIP

I am going to the lake District on holiday this year with my Dad and Sonny. I one I am going to only accepts 2 dogs though. I usually go further up into Scotland (Inverness and Oban) so know more up that way. I have found a few links I used when searching for the lake district though not sure if they will be off any use but may be worth a look as there are a few that say they accept any number of dogs

Dogs Invited - Page 1 of Dog Friendly Holiday Accommodation in Cumbria, The Lake District

Pet friendly dog friendly self-catering country cottages and holiday cottages

11. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

Phoenix&Charlie'sMum PetForums VIP

We camped at a campsite near Cromer and I have 3 dogs, someone else had about 6 terriers, it was a lovely site with a games room, kitchen, fridges freezers and showers and toilets. ;)

12. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

There are lot's of great dog friendly cottages dotted around, but I think you'll strugle to find one that will take 7 :eek:

Maybe you should just book YOURSELF into kennels with them, I am sure they won't mind you sharing :D

Good luck finding somewhere nice and have a great holiday :thumbup1:

13. Debxan

Debxan PetForums Member

Yes I've had the same thing a couple of times. Happy to take the money from you but make it clear they don't like dogs when you get there. Always ask about the garden as well. A "garden" can be a flower bed on the side of the road with no fence between the door and the traffic in my experience or shared with another cottage whose occupants don't like dogs! Tricky!

However, have had lots of lovely doggy holidays and had no problem but then I only had one dog! Good luck and hope you find somewhere.

14. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice