Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog health problems - My dog seems to move slowly..

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by marypaws, Jul 31, 2009.

1. marypaws

marypaws PetForums Newbie

Hi.

I am worried for my dog, it's been a week and he's been moving really slowly.. I wonder what is wrong with him..
    He didn't show any sign of injuries. But he is reluctant to jump or even climb the stairs..

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Have you taken him to the vets?

He could be in pain, he could have a spinal injury, he could have all manner of problems that need investigating.

3. marypaws

He looks fine... he is still barking a lot, just not physically active. I was thinking of bringing him to see the vet this weekend because I'm really busy with my daily job.

4. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

He obviously isnt fine though, regardless of how he looks.

He could have internal problems you cant see, an infection somewhere.

Id never leave anything like that for a week.

5. Buggles

Buggles PetForums Senior

I think your dogs health is a little more important than your job. Call in sick and get him to the vets. Our bridge baby suddenly started moving really slow and we discovered he had a brain tumour. He also had a slipped disc in his neck.

6. marypaws

I think you guys are right, I've got to find some way to get him to the vet.

7. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Do you drive?

8. marypaws

Unfortunately no. I think i m gonna bring him to the vet and leave him there for the day till i'm back from work. (hopefully the vet is nice enough..)

9. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I would have thought so, if you explain to the them problems you have in getting him there. They used to do that where i worked, and my current vets have allowed me to do that on a variety of occasions.

Depending on where you live, there are animal ambulances who run a pets to vets service. They will pick you and your dog up, take you to the vets, and home again for a small fee.

10. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

hOW OLD IS YOUR DOG .

11. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

aww bless him i would get him there aswell

Our vets let you drop off in the morning if you have to work and then pick them up on your way home ive done it a few times dropped our cat off in the morning for a bandage change then my dads picked him up after work for me as i dont drive either

Id give them a ring and explain as they may want to keep him in a do some tests anyway

good luck.xx

12. marypaws

Good news :D
    Brought my dear dog to the vet and he had some joint problems. I've not been online because I have to work and then take care of it after work... it goes on for 1 and half week. I went to do a little more research on dog joint problem and I forgotten about this forum. lol.

Anyway, here's a good article I read 5 days ago and it describes my dog problem really well: Common Dog Health Problems

Under the Arthritis, it describes well on my dog problem :) It even give the solution (petcure website) to solve the problem.

Thanks for the help everyone! :)

13. RebeccaArmstrong

RebeccaArmstrong PetForums Senior

Hi
    if it is arthritis there are a number of things you can do, magnetic collars are brilliant for this as are supplements such as glucosamine. I would also recommend Aloe Vera Gel which can really help with arthritis

Becky

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice