Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog had surgery today and other dog is now aggressive

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Katrina Hull, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Katrina Hull

Katrina Hull PetForums Newbie

My dog had knee surgery today and after bringing him home this afternoon my other dog is extremely aggressive toward him. What do I do? Is she going to stay this way toward him?

2. Jamesgoeswalkies

Jamesgoeswalkies PetForums VIP

Having just returned from the Vet after surgery it is most likely your dog smells very different and a little strange, so your other dog is simply reacting to that. I would give them time apart (you'll be resting you dog post surgery anyway) and as his scent returns to normal then so should their relationship.

J

Jenny Olley, Sacremist, Blitz and 5 others like this.
  3. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

Perfectly normal as James has explained. I would not risk them being together in case the dog that has had surgery gets knocked.

4. cava14 una

cava14 una Anne two black and white boys and a Nortie Tortie

Quite normal my cats hiss and spit at the one that's been at the vet. Maybe rub a blanket on the returning dog to make them smell "right"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice