Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Dog groomers - how do you work out pricing?

Discussion in 'Animal Jobs & Working with Animals' started by May01, Nov 13, 2017.

1. May01

May01 PetForums Newbie

I have been running my dog grooming business for a few months now since I qualified with a City & Guilds Level 3. I am looking for some advice from more experienced groomers out there about how to work out pricing. A lot of groomers locally to me for example state a range of pricing (e.g. Westie £25 to £30). At the moment I am basing a £25 price on a groom that takes 1.5 hours. Is this about normal? And do you always go by time? for example, if a small dog took 2 hours, and you charged £30, would also charge £30 for a large dog which took 2 hours, or would you charge more for the larger dog?

At the moment, I feel like I am on the side of under charging, by underestimating how long the dog will take when I see the dog and it gets dropped off - hopefully this will get better with experience?

Any comments/advice welcome, thanks!

vee89 likes this.
  2. STEPH'SCATS

STEPH'SCATS PetForums Newbie

In my experience with groomers, most charge more for a large dog than a small one, regardless of time. I did my shopping (price comparison) by calling local groomers and asking about prices, time needed and what is included. You might try that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice