Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog groomer. Thinking of move from shop to home

Discussion in 'Animal Jobs & Working with Animals' started by Love.dogs, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Love.dogs

Love.dogs PetForums Newbie

Hello.
    Looking for advice really. I am a dog groomer and currently rent a shop. Looking to set up from home working in my garage. Has anyone else done this? My garage is attached to my house.I've contacted planning and I have to fill in a form. I've contacted my Morgage lender and there are no restrictions regarding working from home. The land is also not protected or listed.
    Has anyone had issues with the house insurance? I no waste is a big thing for the council and at the moment I pay a company to collect bags weekly which I can carry on doing so.
    Does anyone have any good tips I can add to my planning?
    I've also looked at different garage doors as you can get one with a pedestrian access door. Has anyone done this?
    Any other information would be much appreciated. Xxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice