UK Pet Forums Forum banner

Dog getting up super early!

474 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  O2.0 
#1 ·
Hi folks, I hope you’re all doing well.

My dog currently sleeps in her crate and has been getting me up earlier and earlier of late (just after 5am this morning). She used to be a great sleeper and would often sleep in until 8am if undisturbed.

I’ve wondered if it’s to do with the fact that her last toilet break is typically at dinner time, but I also let her out before we go to bed and she just isn’t interested. Additionally, she doesn’t always do her business when I let her out in the morning so I don’t think that’s the issue - she just wants to run about daft!

Does anyone have any ideas that might help? I’ve been thinking of transitioning from crate sleeping and letting her sleep in the bedroom beside me but last time I tried that she kept jumping up on the bed which I’m not keen on. Eventually I got so tired that I gave up and put her back in her crate!

#3 ·
Does anyone have any ideas that might help? I've been thinking of transitioning from crate sleeping and letting her sleep in the bedroom beside me but last time I tried that she kept jumping up on the bed which I'm not keen on. Eventually I got so tired that I gave up and put her back in her crate!
Can you put her crate in the bedroom?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.