Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

dog games for camping

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by kendal, Aug 12, 2009.

1. kendal

kendal PetForums Senior

hey, my friends and i are going camping we are going to have about 10 people and 8 dogs with us.

its just going to be one night but we are planning a kind of 'its a knock out' event, we have some humen games sorted, but we need some dog games that will tier the dogs out. iv found some party games and the only other thing i can think off is a treasure hunt getting the dogs to sniff it out and then giving the owner a task or challenge.

but dose any one have any other ideas.

2. james1

james1 PetForums VIP

how about "keep the saussage" and "dont lick the chicken its too hot" always personal faves :D:D

3. kendal

kendal PetForums Senior

dont know either of thos games and coming up with nothing on google.

so far for the tresure hunt i have come up with a plan to get the dogs to sent tract to take the owner to treat for the dog and a task for the owner to get the dog to perform.

4. kendal

kendal PetForums Senior

OK i have elaborated on the game a bit. im going to blindfold the owner and get the dog to fallow a sent trail, there will be a task at different points IE scenting to dog over a jump or to retrieve or a tunnel.

but what should i use as a sent trail, i was thinking the brine from a can of hot dogs or would i be better with stock. or is there something els i could use.

also got a dog egg and spoon race planned

5. alphadog

alphadog PetForums VIP

If you've got a enough dogs to make teams, how about relay races? You could spice them up by adding obstacles like weaving poles (garden canes) or jumps or hoola hoops to climb through. Or musical chairs - dogs and handlers! :p

You can use aniseed for marking you trails, it's very strong and the dogs go nuts for it. Mix it with heavy oil so that the scent lasts - if you google it something should come up

Got to ask.... how you going to do the doggy egg and spoon race?!?!

Sounds like a good night. Room for anymore? :D

6. zanussi

zanussi PetForums Member

At our last dog class we had a fun & games session. One of the best was Simon says... instead of having to wave or jump, etc.. the caller says how many legs have to be on the floor between dog & human. So "simon says... 3 legs" could be dog sitting & person on one leg for example. the last person to do it is out till you get a winner, 1 leg- dog lying down and human on one leg, etc...

7. kendal

kendal PetForums Senior

cool thanks. will look into that. im going to vised the camp site on Tuesday to plan out where im going to put things. its this Friday coming that we are doing it so i need to get planning quick.

the egg and spoon race is like any other you Need to get to the other side as fast as possible but you need to hold the spoon in the same hand as your dogs lead so you need to go fast but keep your dog uncontrolled. lol i haven't tested any of the games yet lol so it will be funny.

iv herd of snoopy says.

any other games would bee grate, Ive got a set of weaving poles and a jump and two tunnels. i have some other jumps but they need some DIY.

was planning on doing a doggy dash to see who has the fastest dog.

there are my three, a cocker, a GSD pup, possibly 3 collies, a retriever, and a rottie going, and maybe a westie. but 2 of the collies and the westie are still to confirm.

8. crazybones

crazybones PetForums VIP

just an idea if u want to get active how bout stuck in the mud and the only way to get free is to get some1 else's dog to go under ur legs......just trying to think how to make the tig more exciting maybe u have to get ur own dog to touch the other human and that cud class as a tig maybe just an idea

9. kendal

kendal PetForums Senior

oh that sounds good, how do you get stuck it is a bit like a statue came where you get tigged and you need to wight for a dog to pass under to be free again.

10. crazybones

crazybones PetForums VIP

yeah thats its but maybe to make it interesting u cud get ur own dog to do the tigging with you and to get free u shud have to make someone else's dog go under ur dog........

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice