Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog Friendly Hotels or B&B's

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by jonsav, Apr 6, 2011.

1. jonsav

jonsav PetForums Junior

This summer we are taking the two dogs to the Lake District, from London where we live.
    However they are not great travellers so I thought I might stop half way overnight somewhere off the A1 in roughly the Lincoln-Sheffield area.
    Does anyone know of any hotels/B&B's that are dog friendly somewhere in that region?
    Thank you, John

2. Ditsy42

Ditsy42 PetForums VIP

Hey John,

Most travelodges and Hoilday Inn's allow dogs, Premier inn as well, they should tell u on the websites, basic but clean an dog friendly and not too expensive :D

3. jonsav

jonsav PetForums Junior

Thank you for the reply, I will look up the websites.

What a great footnote you have on your replies. If everybody took note of that the world would be a much better place.

4. 2Hounds

2Hounds PetForums VIP

Check the charges before you book too, travelodge was £20 per dog per stay last time we used them a while back which is a bit steep, most places its about £5-£10 if they charge extra. Often you have to check with individual hotel if its a chain whether they accept dogs and sometimes "pet friendly" on website means just small dogs in reality. We've stopped at campanile & best western also and think Ibis also accept dogs.

These sort of sites i.e laterooms often have a "Pets Allowed" option in facilities search. We often check out the satellite view of the hotel on a map to see if there are green areas or parks nearby for toilet trips.

5. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

If you buy this month's Your Dog Magazine (out today) there is a travel supplement which has many dog friendly hotels/B&Bs/cottages etc and there are 2 pages covering the Lake District :)

6. bigdogworld

bigdogworld PetForums Member

7. Sorrels Mum

Sorrels Mum PetForums Junior

I currently have an AA book from the library (looking for a pet friendly hotel myself). It is 2008 so not sure how up to date the info is but the following may be helpful: -

Castle Hotel Lincoln (centre) Home - Castle Hotel
    Hillcrest, Lincoln 01522 510182
    Newport, Lincoln (guest house) Untitled Document

There are loads in and around Sheffield including one on the Woodall Motorway service area - M1 - called Days Inn Sheffield Days Inn: Online hotel reservations, special hotel discounts, vacation packages and Wyndham Rewards

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice