Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog Friendly beaches

Discussion in 'Dog Walking' started by Elsas mum, May 18, 2010.

1. Elsas mum

Elsas mum PetForums Newbie

Does anyone know of any dog friendly beaches in the east coast, especially where you can let them off to have some fun?

2. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

I'm not sure! We take Holly down to Barton-On-Sea and Weymouth (South Coast), however dogs aren't allowed on the beaches between May and October.

We just went to random beaches to see if dogs were allowed...

3. julianne

julianne PetForums Member

Redcar ,marske and saltburn are on the north east coast and are dog friendly.Dogs aren't allowed on the beach from may to september in Redcar town though.But ouside of town there is plenty of beaches that allow dogs :)

4. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

This website lets you join up as a free member and gives you the option to search for dog friendly beaches etc by county
    Welcome to the dog friendly website
    The free option gives a pretty good service.
    Sorry I can't recomend any personally as I don't know the east coast at all.

5. missnaomi

missnaomi PetForums VIP

There's a small beach on the east coast called Fraisethorpe. It's pretty big and sandy and quite quiet. The access is through someone's farm, so you have to pay them to park (but it's way cheaper than normal beach pay and display anyway) and you can have a bbq or a picnic and play with the dogs as much as you want at any time of year...the only downside is that it doesn't have the other stuff that goes with beaches like amusements and food stalls and stuff, just one burger van at weekends in the summer...but for me, that's a positive - just don't go for the day without your picnic. It's pretty clean too. It's just south of Bridlington.
    Naomi x

PS: One word of warning - it's got a reputation locally for being a naturist beach!! I have never seen anyone that wasn't fully clothed but have had a funny look when I suggested my friend take her dog there!

6. Just back from Sandsend, and we were OK there, but to me that is the North east coast!
    So I am assuming you are talking lincolnshire, you are free from Sandilands right up to sutton on sea, you have to then come off for a small stretch but can go back on and are free to let them run right upto mablethorpe, again you have to come of the town beach - but the other side of the town beach is lovely, with the dunes backing onto it (near the big caravan site).
    you have around 6 miles of sand there! Do you want some more! coz there is plenty in the other direction also, Huftoft direction

7. Spellweaver

Spellweaver PetForums VIP

Was just about to post about Mablethorpe from the steps northwards, but DT beat me to it. :thumbup:

Last time I visited there was a great cliff top car park there too, with access down some steps straight onto the beach.

8. borderer

borderer Guest

hartlepool beach lovely:thumbup:

9. poppydog1

poppydog1 PetForums Member

Were Fraisthorpe fans too take our dogs there every New years day if we can and also other times in the year, never seen any naturists yet either.:scared:

10. That car park is still there! :thumbup::thumbup: but we seldom park there - last year think it were £4 a day!
    We park at sanidlands or huftoft, it's free there.

11. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

exmouth have one!!

12. davehyde

davehyde Banned

i went to a naturist beach once with otis. he came back with a sausage from somewhere.:scared:

13. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

lol........................

14. Lucylewis0

Lucylewis0 PetForums VIP

Beaches in Kent that are dog friendly ALL YEAR ROUND!!!!

Birchington - Grenham Bay, Epple Bay

Broadstairs - Dumpton Gap, Kingsgate Bay

Cliftonville - Foreness Point, Palm Bay, Sacketts Gap (GREAT BEACH :thumbup:)

Margate- Fulsam Rock

Ramsgate - Eastcliff, Western Undercliff

15. Elsas mum

Elsas mum PetForums Newbie

Thanks for all your suggestions will be getting my map out. x

16. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

Also Camber sands has zones where dogs are allowed all year :thumbup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice