Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog Found Roundhay, Leeds 29/4/11

Discussion in 'Lost and Found Dogs' started by tomd2712, May 2, 2011.

1. tomd2712

tomd2712 PetForums Newbie

We found a dog in the Tesco&Homebase car park on Roundhay Road on Friday 29th April 2011. Rather old looking crossbreed girl, has probably been straying for a while with the state she was in when we found her.

If you think she might be yours please comment on here with a description of her, I don't want to post a description of her on here incase people who aren't her owners try to claim her.

2. codyann

codyann PetForums Senior

aww poor girl have you reported her to the animal shelters? and vets? hope she finds her home soon. and welldone on catching her :D

3. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

Have you contacted Doglost,?
    Well done to taking this dog in while hopefully its owner is found

4. Lulus mum

Lulus mum PetForums VIP

Thank you so muchfor taking her in

Do hope she has an owner-the thought of an elderly dog being thrown out is awful-though I know not uncommon
    Pleas keep us updated and,once again thank you for caring-many people dont!!!
    Maureen

5. tomd2712

I've put her on some of the websites, but doglost doesn't seem to want to cooperate with me with her living with a couple who found her with us, we would have taken her in ourselves, but we have an elderly dog ourselves who wouldn't have accepted her into the house at all, so it wasn't fair on either her or Susie (what I've named the lost dog :smile: ) it's just saddening that she had no tag or chip, but the couple who are looking after her took her to a pet shop with them over the weekend and the shop keeper recognises her from a few months ago, so she's got their details incase she sees the owner, so hopefully there could be a chance there to get her back to her owner.

6. tomd2712

We took her to dogs trust to get her scanned and unfortunately there's no chip. :(

#6 tomd2712, May 2, 2011
    Last edited: May 5, 2011
  7. mickyb

mickyb PetForums Senior

I have posted her onto doglost site hope she gets home soon

8. tomd2712

Just a quick update, she's been taken to Ryedale Dog Rescue to try to get her rehomed as the dog warden has now said she can be. So hopefully she will have a new loving forever home soon :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice