UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lol I clicked on a link online and it took me to this page on dog food.

I had to click away and click back on the link as thought I must be in the rabbit section :eek:

Is it just me or do the 'dog' foods at the top of this page resemble the Rabbit food mixes you see in shops? :confused: Its the yellow bits lol crazy.

Buy Quality Complete Dog Food Online|Value Dog Food|Cheap Dog Food

Just couldnt believe it! :eek:

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
All the old Cobbydog threads got resurrected by a poster recently (who couldn't possibly be connected to the company :rolleyes:). The rabbit food similarity was pointed out by hutch6 several times but there was no reply from the poster completely unconnected with the company. The irony of the member who spotted it wasn't lost one me either :lol:.

http://www.petforums.co.uk/dog-health-nutrition/132140-cobby-dog-food.html

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All the old Cobbydog threads got resurrected by a poster recently (who couldn't possibly be connected to the company :rolleyes:). The rabbit food similarity was pointed out by hutch6 several times but there was no reply from the poster completely unconnected with the company. The irony of the member who spotted it wasn't lost one me either :lol:.

http://www.petforums.co.uk/dog-health-nutrition/132140-cobby-dog-food.html
Didnt realise there had been a thread on it sorry :eek:

I wasnt sure wheter to ask for a free sample just for laughs lol It genuinely looks like rabbit feed I fed my rabbits with as a child :lol:

Guess it saves money - 1 bag for 2 species :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
We tried Rory on something that looked like rabbit food, no idea what it was, but he liked it, for a while ;)

·
Registered
15,290 Posts
Lol, was just gonna say now we'll have that random member who has absolutely nothing to do with Cobbydog back resurrecting all the old threads.

To be honest, the Original looks very much like the food Shadow did so well on :eek: I cringe to think of how awful his and Wolfs diets were now.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
A collie/lab cross i used to have was fed on something that looked very much like rabbit food. It was the only thing she'd eat. I tried just about everything - she wouldn't even eat fresh meat, raw or cooked.

She was as thin as a rake as a pup and i got so stressed over it all - i had to resort to pushing bits of food into her mouth to force her to eat. The vet could find no reason for it but I knew the mother of my dog and her owner had exactly the same problem - both dogs just had no interest in food.

In desperation i tried the 'rabbit food' and she ate it!

She just seemed to enjoy picking away at all little bits and i would leave a big bowl full down for her to pick away at all day.

She lived to 13 with no health problems, although it is not what i would have chosen to feed!

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know that Skinners do a Muesli style food too.
Ironicly I have fed Skinners but avoided the Muesli type food - I think some of the Skinners food have some kind of almost sugary coating over them which I found concerning.

Millie had and still has some of the SKinners Hypoallergenic Duck and Rice which she has done well on. (Although its hard to judge as more than 50% of her diet is scraps :eek:)

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
I think Rorys muesli had molasses on it, smelt quite nice! Skinners duck and rice was what we kept him on towards the end as he couldn't eat lots of things, but bizarrely mixed in with bakers to make him eat it. We did mix it up with nature diet to make us feel better :eek:.

Completely off topic but OH's boss picked up a can to put some fuel in his truck the other day and managed to top up with molasses :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.