UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In these challenging times everything seems to be getting so expensive so I thought maybe it might be useful if we could have a thread for letting others know of any deals, special offers, etc on dog food that might be helpful to members.

My regular raw dog food suppler was affected by Covid & ceased trading at the beginning of the years, i had been with them for 10yrs & tbh it's a complete shock seeing how expensive other companies are in comparison. With 3 dogs to feed now it has become incredibly expensive.

So I've been taking advantage of deals but the most amazing sites I have found are on FB & you can get FREE FOOD!!!!

So these are the links that might be helpful:

Giving Up The Game | Facebook

This site advertises game meat for humans as well as dogs. Some members are selling meat (but at a massively reduced cost) but some are giving it away for FREE.

This morning I picked up 50 pigeons for my dogs & the man who had shot the birds (as pest control) said that he struggles to even give them away which is awful. I am going to try & speak to the local food bank to see if they can make use of any or if their members would be interested & I can go & pick up if needed.

Game Meat For Dogs (GB) | Facebook

Another amazing site which is all FREE. A few weeks ago I got the following for my dogs:

x6 ducks
x8 pheasants
x4 hares
x6 rabbits
x20 pigeons
x6 partridges

Just join the groups & search for suppliers in your area. Hopefully I can get regular supplies by using these sites & save some £££'s.

Please feel free to add any details of other offers for all sorts of dog food (raw, kibble, wet, etc) :)

·
Registered
12,359 Posts
In these challenging times everything seems to be getting so expensive so I thought maybe it might be useful if we could have a thread for letting others know of any deals, special offers, etc on dog food that might be helpful to members.

My regular raw dog food suppler was affected by Covid & ceased trading at the beginning of the years, i had been with them for 10yrs & tbh it's a complete shock seeing how expensive other companies are in comparison. With 3 dogs to feed now it has become incredibly expensive.

So I've been taking advantage of deals but the most amazing sites I have found are on FB & you can get FREE FOOD!!!!

So these are the links that might be helpful:

Giving Up The Game | Facebook

This site advertises game meat for humans as well as dogs. Some members are selling meat (but at a massively reduced cost) but some are giving it away for FREE.

This morning I picked up 50 pigeons for my dogs & the man who had shot the birds (as pest control) said that he struggles to even give them away which is awful. I am going to try & speak to the local food bank to see if they can make use of any or if their members would be interested & I can go & pick up if needed.

Game Meat For Dogs (GB) | Facebook

Another amazing site which is all FREE. A few weeks ago I got the following for my dogs:

x6 ducks
x8 pheasants
x4 hares
x6 rabbits
x20 pigeons
x6 partridges

Just join the groups & search for suppliers in your area. Hopefully I can get regular supplies by using these sites & save some £££'s.

Please feel free to add any details of other offers for all sorts of dog food (raw, kibble, wet, etc) :)
Just out of interest, isn't it difficult to find the lead pellets in shot game?

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Great idea!

I never used to rate it (only got offers for cat food) but the Pets at Home VIP card/app sometimes gives a voucher for a free, or half price, 2kg bag of food, or free treats. I currently have a few birthday freebies to get for Bradley.
There were lots of puppy discounts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts