Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog fold cleaning

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Rocco clough, May 10, 2017.

1. Rocco clough

Rocco clough PetForums Newbie

hi
    I'm looking to buy some wipes to clean out the folds on my french bulldog. I've looked at malacetic which seem to be very popular but they are expensive £20 for 11 wipes. Could I use a sensitive skin wipe or even just boiled water and some cotton wool wipes?

Thanks for any advice

2. Rocco clough

Rocco clough PetForums Newbie

100 wipes sorry

3. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

I use non scented baby wipes for my Shar-Pei which you can buy from most large supermarkets. Much cheaper than buying wipes made specially for dogs and I've never had a problem with using them on my dog's face.

Rocco clough likes this.
  4. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Whatever you do use make sure you dry the area afterwards as trapped moisture is often the cause of skin issues, not just dirt, grease and bacteria ;)

Rocco clough likes this.
  5. Gemmaa

Gemmaa PetForums VIP

I swap products around, but I normally use Tropiclean tear stain remover or I wipe the wrinkles with Leucillin, and I either use the Natural Dog Company Wrinkle Balm or Aniwell FiltaBac cream, after I've dried them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice