Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog fight.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by RoseForTheDead, May 18, 2010.

1. Not the type of fight you may think though... lol.

Me and my OH actually argued lastnight (big time) over Greyhounds and Huskys.... :rolleyes:

I don't believe Greyhounds need asmuch exercise as people seem to think they do. Yes they love a run, but also are quite lazy and love sleeping. He says different.

He also said about Huskys... That if they aren't used with a sled, their legs can get deformed? :confused:: Is this true? As I've never heared of that before.
    My brother has a Husky, never pulled a sled, and his back legs are fine...

If I'm wrong, I've said I'll say sorry.... lol.

2. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

Phoenix&Charlie'sMum PetForums VIP

I have a Greyhound and two Lurchers. Both of mine love going out for a run and they would run all day if given the chance. But they dont NEED all the exercise. A 20min walk in the mornign, then they sleep all day, then I normally take them for an hours walk in the evening.

They are very lazy in the house, but once out and about they love nothing more than tearing accross fields at 45mph!!! :thumbup:

They dont have the stamina to run long distance at speed, but they have very short bursts of energy.

3. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Huskies legs won't get deformed if they don't pull a sled, I know quite a few who don't. There are many that are just companion dogs are sometimes the owners go jogging with etc or bike riding and find other things to mentally stimulate them.

Greyhounds from all the ones I met are the laziest couch potato breed I've ever met, sure they have t5 minute spurts but much prefer to lay at home and sleep the day away. :lol:

4. I had said about them having short bursts of energy but he just laughs at me and thinks he's in the right etc. Hence the argument... as I think I'm right ;) lol.

I can't find anything that backs what he says about Huskys legs though :confused1:

5. PawsandPurrs-Bridgnorth

PawsandPurrs-Bridgnorth PetForums Member

As Phoenix&Charlie'sMum said, its the Stamina that Greyhounds lack, not the speed!

6. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Greyhounds are sprinters bred for speed not stamina. They can run at high speeds for short distances. William was the biggest couch potatoe of them all. He just wasn't bothered if he didn't go out for a walk especially if it was raining when you would struggle to get him to go out for a wee in the garden. He would much rather have a cuddle off his dad.

Most are happy with a 20 minute walk but if you want them to walk for miles then they will.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice