Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

dog drinking its own pee

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by sonia123, Mar 24, 2011.

1. sonia123

sonia123 PetForums Member

hi there my mother in law has been having a certain problem with her german sherpard and the problem is that every time he goes out in the garden for a pee he drinks it and has been drinking it since he was a puppy and yeah i know its discusting but does anybody else,s dog do this and is there anything my mother in law can do to stop this.any advice would be grateful thanx:eek:

2. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

Do you mean actually drinking it, or licking where its just pee'd?

3. sonia123

yeah he actually drinks it as its coming out:eek:

4. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

not exactly the same but my mother in laws dog will lick marley's wee, somtimes she does it when he is in mid flow and she gets soaked its not nice. Got know idea why she is just a little weirdo :D

5. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

I read that dogs eat grass where others have pee'd because it contains enzymes. When mine have a grass eating fad they always eat it from the dogs side of the garden, even though I give them access to my side where the grass is nice and fresh. :rolleyes:

Could be he needs some added enzymes which you can get by buying pigs pancreas if he's raw fed or dried enzyme powder for dogs on line - just google. ;) Other than that he could just like it - apparently some people drink pee, supposedly good for you - yuk!!

6. sonia123

thanks for that malmum i,ll tell my mother in law what you said and maybe she will try it anything to stop him drinking his own pee:p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice