Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog Delay: Fate Of Family Dog Tasered By Cops Put Off Until Monday

Discussion in 'Pet News' started by testmg80, Jul 30, 2009.

1. testmg80

testmg80 PetForums VIP

UPDATE: LAKEWOOD, OH (WOIO) - The fate of a family dog tasered by Lakewood Police over the weekend will have to wait until Monday.

This, after the city postponed a meeting slated for Wednesdy afternoon that was to determine whether Otis the dog is a vicious animal. The Law Department says the meeting was delayed because the officers involved were not available to attend. A new hearing has been set for Monday at 10AM.

Otis, meanwhile, must remain at the Lakewood Animal Shelter until Monday's hearing. He has been at the shelter since Saturday.

The incident was captured on the cop's taser camera and has sparked outrage nationwide.

Police noticed Otis was without his owner, Daniel Kier and was loose on the sidewalk at Robin & Plover. They claim they tased Otis because he's a pit bull and was acting aggressively towards them.

Kier maintains Otis is a white Boxer, not a pit bull. Pit bulls are banned in Lakewood.

Kier was cited for having a dangerous and vicious animal and for letting Otis run loose. He's scheduled to appear in court on August 4th at 9AM.

His breed - pit bull or boxer - remains in question because Kier doesn't have any breeding papers for Otis.

City leaders insist they'll base their decision on Otis' behavior rather than his breed.

Animal lovers across the country are up in arms over this story and have launched a petition to save Otis' life. Sign the ONLINE PETITION. ( http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/save-otis-the-boxers-life ).

2. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

I've signed!!
    Come on everybody please help to save poor otis.:(

3. LadyTalisman

LadyTalisman PetForums Junior

I have also signed for we have a dog near us with the same face and he is deffinately a boxer.

We have 2 Danes but no papers for at the GDAS they don't give these out to the new owners so does this mean my 2 aren't Danes?

And anyone man or beast would act defensively if surrounded and scared.

:cursing:

4. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Oh honestly, even a novice can tell thats a boxer.

Signed.

5. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

ive signed!! OMG that poor dog! :mad: & its obvious to anyone its a boxer!

6. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

He is an american bulldog. I have one living near me and hes a big softie...will be signing petition for the poor mite!!

noushka05 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice