Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog deaths Chinese jerky

Discussion in 'Pet News' started by Tanji, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Tanji

Tanji PetForums Member

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

I'd be dubious of buying any food product from China tbh - whether it was for human consumption or dogs. That includes natural medicines too.

3. jaycee05

jaycee05 PetForums VIP

Who knows what the Chinese put in food, for animals or humans,
    After all the publicity about these treats, which has been going on for ages, I am surprised anyone still buys them, the Chinese have no regard for animals anyway [not all Chinese obviously]

4. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

A lot of treats are made in China, I just don't buy them for my lot. Very sad for these dogs :(

5. DogManDan

DogManDan PetForums Member

this is very sad news indeed... I have seen a lot of chinese products and one thing I noticed, some of their packaging doesn't give information on what ingredients etc. on it. :(

6. dogandcat

dogandcat PetForums Newbie

so sad! stop eat dog

7. gamefacebookdevelop

gamefacebookdevelop PetForums Newbie

Federal animal health officials announced Tuesday that Chinese jerky treats have caused a mysterious illness outbreak in more than 3,600 dogs (and ten cats) and the death of about 600 pets. But in spite of running more than 1,000 tests and visiting multiple manufacturers, the FDA still isn’t sure what it is in the chicken, duck, and sweet potato jerky that is making the animals sick. “To date, testing for contaminants in jerky treats has not revealed a cause for the illnesses,” said deputy director for the FDA’s Center for Veterinary Medicine Martine Hartogensis.

8. advocate for animals

advocate for animals PetForums Junior

I never buy any pet, or human food products made in China.

Too many incidents to take the risk.

There's also the horrific cruelty they inflict on animals, and their own people. Best to try and avoid supporting that kind of culture.

Yes, it does occur everywhere, but they seem to be particularly brutal when it comes to their treatment of animals.

Too many news stories to think otherwise.

9. jaycee05

jaycee05 PetForums VIP

I try not to buy anything made in China, they are barbaric where animals are concerned, its very difficult when a lot of things are manufactured in China, but I always look at labels etc

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice