Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Dog Daycare Employee- New to the Forum

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Becky_Pita, Jul 12, 2018 at 12:06 AM.

1. Becky_Pita

Becky_Pita PetForums Newbie

Hello All!
    I am brand new to this forum, and I wanted to introduce myself and explain my hopes for joining!
    I am the general manager of a cage free daycare, boarding, and grooming business. I'm hoping to speak with other employees of the pet industry and brainstorm ways to make the industry even more fun and safe!

Thanks everyone! I'm excited to be a part of this community!

2. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

Hello and welcome to the forum.

It's great that you want to create a fun environment for dogs you board and groom, but, why cage free?

Safety should be a main priority when caring for dogs belonging to others, IMO.

If you are not going to use cages, how do you propose containing dogs or separating dogs who do not get on?

Lurcherlad likes this.
  3. Becky_Pita

All of our dogs go through a meet and greet to make sure that their temperament is correct for this type environment. They are also required to be fixed and vaccinated. We have found that it is very safe for them and can be less stressful of an environment.

4. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

I think all dogs would benefit from some down time during the day.

The dogs must be exhausted by the time they go home if they are playing all day.

5. planete

planete PetForums Senior

One of my ex fosters goes to dog day care a few days a week. I see the photos of the set up and the dogs regularly. They have masses of space with sofas in various sheds and shelters in the grounds, agility equipment, trampolines, paddling pools, trained staff playing with the dogs and supervising. No cages. All the dogs seem happy and relaxed, there are always some snoozing away on the various couches while others are doing their own thing wandering and sniffing around or playing. Not all day care set ups are bad. Perhaps we could invite our new member to tell us more about her work?

6. Bobbie

Bobbie PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome

7. Becky_Pita

We do nap times throughout the day to encourage sleep, but for the most part, the dogs know when they need to take a break and nap. At night they all fall asleep by 9 pm or 10 pm on the dot . It's fascinating! They do go home tired, but it's good tired, not anxiety tired .

8. Becky_Pita

Hi
    Hello and thank you!

Bobbie likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice