Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog cut by groomer

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by manxbabe, Jul 17, 2009.

1. manxbabe

manxbabe PetForums Newbie

Hi to everyone,i need a bit of advice.

My mom had her dog clipped in the week,by a dog groomer that comes to the house in a large van and grooms your pet outside of your house.She looked and smelt great like she always does,because mom has used this groomer before and i have.But when mom got up today she noticed that the dog in question was just lying there and would not get up to say hello or even get up for her food.When my dad got home she didnt even get off my moms lap to say hello to him.So they both new that somethink was wrong,the dog fell asleep on the chair and dad went over to her and he lifted up one of her legs,he noticed that the skin under her leg (arm pit ) had stuck together and looked sore,it became unstuck and the dog started to move about more and seem to a bit better.Mom and dad were not happy still so they took the dog to the vets.It turns out that the groomer had cut the dogs skin and now it is infected and weaping.The vet gave them cream to put on twice a day and antibiotics,it cost over £40.00

Now the question is do you phone up the groomer and tell them what they have done or do you leave it and still let them groom your dog.I said you should tell the groomer,but mom is not sure.

I would really like all your thought on this please....

2. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

sounds a bit like clipper rash and yes phone them they should have insurance ;)

3. manxbabe

whats clipper rash

4. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Why had the skin stuck together, what had been done had the dog been shaved in that area razor burns are very sore, i would tell the groomer as i would have thought if the dog had, had a sore spot before and the shaving had made it worse then the groomer would have told your mum to cover herself, sounds like something she has done.

5. manxbabe

the dog was fine and very active before it had been clipped.

6. poochimama

poochimama PetForums Senior

sometimes when shaver gets hot it can cause this my groomer sprays a coolant on blades or changes when too hot . Def let ur groomer know see what she says

I have been to a groomer before who nearly shaved my poor lads whatsit off it was sore and weepy i had to go vets and get medication ... grrrrr

7. manxbabe

Thank you very much for the information,i will pass it on to my mom.i am sorry to here it has happened to your dog.

8. poochimama

poochimama PetForums Senior

lol no worries hun ..a gd groomer is worth their weight in gold and here in northampton are hard to find

9. manxbabe

I am going to print off all this great advice and information and take it over to moms in the morning.I take it the groomer will be insured so if mom tells her will the groomer pay the vet bill.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice