Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog Crates Direct

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by shamykebab, Aug 21, 2013.

1. shamykebab

shamykebab PetForums VIP

Has anyone used this company before?

Quoted from their website:

"Our aim is to supply dog crates at the best prices on the Net. We realise that price alone isn't enough so also strive to offer the best customer service and delivery times. All orders for our Dog Crates placed before 1pm weekdays are sent on a 48 HOUR DELIVERY FREE Of charge."

I ordered something from them over a week ago but it still hasn't arrived yet. I have sent them emails, have called them (on both available numbers), left a voice mail on their answer service, sent them messages via their web page online form...but have heard absolutely nothing!

The payment for my item left my account two days after I placed the order, so I'm bordering the edge of fury to say the least.

Is there any way I can get my money back??

Angry.com

2. jesterjenn

jesterjenn PetForums Senior

I've used them and had fantastic customer service, brilliant delivery (I think it was next day), and fantastic prices.

I would use them again if I need a crate :)

3. shamykebab

shamykebab PetForums VIP

Well, having given them the benefit of the doubt I still haven't heard anything from them, despite trying again today.

Annoyingly I paid using my debit card so I'll need to check what can be done there. I just can't believe that a company that seemed so genuine are in fact money-grabbing frauds :mad: .

4. shamykebab

shamykebab PetForums VIP

Humph. It appears they work under the guise of several trading names, including Dog Crates Direct, Telescopic Ladders Direct, Sack Barrows Direct etc etc etc.

Money is taken out of your account under the name of Safemount.co.uk. Did a bit of research and it turns out I'm not the first to fall for this scam :mad:. Went to my bank today to see if I could recoup what I was owed and they're investigating this under their fraud prevention scheme.

Am just sick to death of dodgy companies and cr*p tradesmen this summer. Have had nothing but trouble (culminating in threatening texts) from a so-called professional builder, and am having to go through legal services to deal with him too. Seriously, is it that hard to do honest business these days, or perhaps I'm just naive.

Fed up.

5. HRG9913

HRG9913 PetForums Newbie

Hi- I just wanted to let you know I have had the very same experience with dog-crates-direct.co.uk. Emails, calls, no replies, no crate and the money was taken from my account same day. I have called my bank and they said I must give them 15 days to deliver the product and if it doesn't arrive, they will refund my money and file a dispute against the company. This might be specific to my bank account policy. There is a website called Trustpilot that you can post information about online retailers. It enables others to view before purchasing. I will be adding them to that list, feel free to post your experience so others don't get caught in the same trap!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice