Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog castration - please help!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Cammie, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Cammie

Cammie PetForums Newbie

Hi, I castrated my dog on the 20th of August as I believed it would be the best idea considering all the health issues. They put on dissolving stitches on him. During my first check up the lady said the wound looked a bit swollen but not infected. I came back a week after for a check up. This time he got checked out by the vet. She said everything is healing fine and she took off the scabs from his wound which seemed a bit weird to me as I don’t think scabs should be taken off from any wound. As for today my dog started bleeding and that’s because one of his stitches came undone. He is not bleeding now, but there is a whole. I called the emergency vet and they told me he would need more stitches in such case. Now my question is - do I have to pay for the stitches again? Is it vets fault that she took the scabs off maybe making the stitches a bit loose? I took all the precautions. No long walks, no running, no jumping, no play time. He always had his collar on. Always. I don’t know why this happened. Please can someone advise me on that. I’m in tears right now. I’m scared my vet will charge me loads of money that I don’t even have for the stitches.

2. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

Normally, follow up appointments following castration are part of the package and you would not be charged.

Don't worry. Give your Vet a call and discuss your concerns with the receptionist to set your mind at rest.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice