Hello folks, I'd like to preface this by saying that I've read the sticky post about medical advice on these forums and we've already been to two (hopeless) vets about the issue, and I'm looking to see if anyone else has ever experienced something similar or has found a solution to the problem, as my research has come up empty. My three year old rescue girl, Drew, is a large mixed breed, predominantly Rottie x GSD. She's a power chewer and really benefited from the mental and physical energy spent on chewing toys in the early days when we got her about a year and a half ago, but I can no longer let her chew for more than a minute else it's almost guaranteed to make her ill and I can't take the risk any more. To clarify - she has never had an issue with food or been sick in any capacity other than when she's been sat down for a while enjoying a good chew on a toy like a kong, and more recently, even her "consumable" long lasting chews like antler. Things like dentastix and rabbit ears which are edible and last no longer than a few minutes are fine. What I mean by "unwell" - she rarely actually vomits, and the few times she has it has been the grass and saliva she's swallowed as a result of feeling sick, but all of the symptoms she shows (panting, pacing, whining, gulping and licking the floors and walls) indicate she feels sick and from the intensity, in a fair deal of pain. As if that wasn't bad enough, each episode from just one chewing session can last a couple of hours, and it ALWAYS stays for about a week after - once I've managed to soothe and calm her from one bout of frantic pacing and licking, I know it'll only be a matter of time (another couple of hours, including through the night) before it rears up again until that week has passed. It's horribly distressing to watch and I've tried all manner of things to soothe her when it's happening but to little relief. I can't imagine how she feels. After whittling down external factors I've pinpointed it to exclusively after chewing for a (not very long) amount of time. I'm not a vet and can only speculate, but I would guess her chewing is causing some kind of acid reflux or stomach ulcers. Now, the vets that I have seen about the issue have been very dismissive as when I take her to see them to discuss it, she's not showing symptoms. The first gave her a once over, said she seems fine and it was probably a passing bug. Early days so I thought ok, hopefully it'll go away of its own accord, and at the beginning it wasn't nearly as severe - she could have a toy for 30 minutes or so and no problems. As time went by, it got progressively worse and that's when I realised it was the chewing. We'd moved house and so with a new vet, after another episode of it happening I visited and explained what was happening. They, too, gave her a once over and said she was fine. Later that week, when she was still experiencing it and I couldn't bear watching her hurt, I booked in to see them again and stood my ground. A slightly better vet listened and took it more seriously this time, but insisted it was probably that she'd ingested part of a toy or something that she shouldn't have. Drew does not find and eat things, nor has she ever had a toy unsupervised or let it get past a point where bits will come off. As it was a recurring issue and ongoing problem, I knew that was not the case. I'm not a very confident person, and suffer with anxiety and depression. The way these vets spoke it was like they MUST do an x-ray, ultrasound and blood tests to look for the foreign body she'd apparently swallowed that was causing her to feel ill. I didn't agree that was the case and felt like I really had to fight my cause, and eventually they agreed not to do the x-ray, but insisted on the other tests. Fine, I have insurance and I wanted to get to the bottom of this and perhaps with an ultrasound they could see stomach ulcers if they were present? I thought they're the experts, I should leave them to it. I went to collect her that evening. Nothing found, all round healthy dog. I asked if they saw anything that resembled stomach ulcers on the ultrasound. "Ulcers? We didn't know we were looking for ulcers, just for a toy she'd swallowed. Anyway, she's all clear so good news! Here's the bill." After the day I'd had waiting and worrying about her, I couldn't say anything more to them. I took her home, and we settled for the evening, while I tried to soothe the sore spots where they'd trimmed her fur and nicked her skin with the clippers. She woke up gulping again, and I was so upset that still, I hadn't been able to help her. I went back to those vets one more time where I met the only decent practitioner so far, that offered her fuss and gave her an anti-vomiting injection and prescribed me some probiotic-paste for whenever she displayed symptoms. Unfortunately, even that paste hasn't done much to help in times since then. To top it off, the insurance company I'm with decided that whatever it is, it was a pre-existing condition has underwritten any and all gastro-intestinal problems, and so the £700+ bill for the tests is still sitting above my head. I'm a full time mature student, the whole point in paying out for decent insurance was because I knew during this period I wouldn't be able to pay for any big vet bills. I'm feeling well and truly defeated and really at a loss as to what to do next. I know it's been a long post, but felt it all needed to be heard. Please, if you've ever known something similar, have an idea as to what her illness might be, or even something to help her manage the symptoms when it does inevitably happen - I'd be grateful to hear it.