UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so no one would buy home made dog biscuits.

Back to plan 1.

A dog accessories online store.

Another question for you to answer honestly: If there was a product for sale online for cheaper than in store (by like £2 for a £10 product), would you buy it from the shop or online store?

(If you have any ideas or "It'd be great if someone sold this online for dogs..." moments that you don't mind me doing please share!! :D)

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Haha god loves a trier!

If you have things that are online and are cheaper you have to take into account postage which sometimes rules out the cheapness and of course in addition you cannot really see the product, feel the quality and you have to wait for it.

If I think of any ideas I'll let you know.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Here is an idea.

Do a bit of research for an animal ambulance or transportation of animals - you would be amazed how many people who own pets that don't drive or don't have a vehicle and cannot get their pet to the vets in time of need.

Speak to local vets, hydrotherapy centres, canine physios etc and find out what they believe you would require and if it would be a service that they might use.

·
Registered
64 Posts
didn't see your other thread, what type of dog treats were you thinking of making? see I'm vegetarian,well we are actually a household of veggies bar the pets, I'm fine feeding raw as it requires no cooking but when it comes to being able to cook or prepare meats such as liver cake it's not something that I would either no how to or be happy doing in my oven at home,so it could be something that would be useful to somebody like me :)

·
Registered
15,185 Posts
There are so many on line suppliers, what are you going to offer that they do not already? What will be your USP?

I buy lots of stuff on line as I hate shopping, usually after I have fondled it in person at Crufts.

·
Banned
12,847 Posts
I would much rather buy a product online rather than instore, as long as there was a returns policy if the product was unsuitable.

Free delivery (no min. spend) is something that will get my attention - I hate and depise paying delivery charges!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I would buy it online if I was sure that it was the same product that was available in store - what I mean is that if I already knew the quality of the product from seeing it in a shop.
I've got to be honest and say that if it was cheaper by a vast amount I would be a wee bit wary in case it was one of those products made to look like a known brand but is actually a fake and of lesser quality.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Its not always about price . Id like to see toys other than the standard ones that are available in every pet shop in the high street..

I suppose there are lots of other things that could be offered as an alternative to the buck standard..

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right, so how about I did a price match promise thing where if it's cheaper in a shop then i'll match the price and give you the difference?

(For example, [email protected]:£9.99, Online: £12.99. Difference is £2 so you get it for £7.99)

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Right, so how about I did a price match promise thing where if it's cheaper in a shop then i'll match the price and give you the difference?

(For example, [email protected]:£9.99, Online: £12.99. Difference is £2 so you get it for £7.99)
Be careful - [email protected] may be getting it much cheaper from their suppliers than a small business such as yours could and as you will have put this promise in writing you will be obliged to stick to it even though you may not be making a profit!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Be careful - [email protected] may be getting it much cheaper from their suppliers than a small business such as yours could and as you will have put this promise in writing you will be obliged to stick to it even though you may not be making a profit!
[email protected] sell most of their products just below (We are talking ~50p) the RRP. They have lots of overheads with the cost of their shops too, so they can't go too low on prices. I don't mind making small profits (I believe Ocardo posted losses in it's first two years in order to get a market share) so long as i'm not making a loss :p

·
Registered
7,618 Posts

Back to plan 1.

Another question for you to answer honestly: If there was a product for sale online for cheaper than in store (by like £2 for a £10 product), would you buy it from the shop or online store?

(If you have any ideas or "It'd be great if someone sold this online for dogs..." moments that you don't mind me doing please share!! :D)
This is very lazy and a bit rude IMO, what's with asking someone else to think of a great business idea for you? I've got loads of ideas but I'm keeping them to myself thanks :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:p & ;) are symbols for a joke :D means I am extremely happy. Ergo, I thought you thought getting rich off someone else's Idea would make you extremely happy.

Sorry I was confused by your inappropriate use of emotions ;)
You used the ;) on the last bit, so are you Sorry you were confused, or is that a joke? :confused: :p

·
Registered
2,562 Posts

Back to plan 1.

Just so you know - I (and I am sure lots of others) wouldn't mind giving you ideas if I had any. Cheeses It's not like we all want to run online stores! And as for the 'proper use of emoticons' Is there a sticky giving us all instructions? I just use whatever looks right to me! :ciappa:
Sadly I can't think of a blinding idea to give you.....Give me time though! :idea:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.