Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog bullied by cat

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Kiaya, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Kiaya

Kiaya PetForums Newbie

Me and my 7 month old pup Harlow (American Bulldog) have just moved in to a house where there is a cat, we have gone from a high rise flat to a house with a garden so she was very happy... until Tilly the cat came around. Tilly would run away from Harlow for the first few days so Harlow wasn’t phased by her after a few days of treat training to ignore her, but not Tilly has showed who’s boss and Harlow is very scared of her, Tilly will follow her round just to scare her or make her leave a room. Tilly hasn’t actually touched Harlow or hurt her, she just hisses pounces and swats at her.
    We are now on day 4 on this and after a walk in the park this morning I am concerned after Harlow wouldn’t go near another dog and cowered when it walked past whereas normally she is very excited and wants to play!
    I don’t quite know what I’m suppose to do besides let it play out because my pup is so weary to go anywhere in the house before she checks to see if Tilly is there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice