Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog bites news anchor in the face

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by DogLover1981, Feb 9, 2012.

1. DogLover1981

DogLover1981 PetForums VIP

2. Nagini

Nagini Guest

definately a rather stupid move , why on earth would you shove your face in a strange dogs face unless you actually wanted it to eat you:eek:

3. Pupcakes

Pupcakes Lady of The Terrors.

Theres another video like that doing the rounds on FB of a dog who got rescued from a frozen pond and the news presenter was stroking its face and went to stick her face in his and got nipped on the lip.

Although the press are saying "it bit her lip off" the news presenter said on FB it was a "minor injury"

It makes dogs look so bad when people dont read the body language and get bitten. I believe the fault lies with the handler to say "Please, lets give this dog some space...dont do this etc etc" because the dog is sending out the "Please back off signals" but Joe Bloggs doesn't see that.

They just see a vicious dog attack. So sad :(

4. Nagini

Nagini Guest

the vids are two of the same , the dog has now been impounded due to the actions of that stupid woman!!

5. Set_Nights

Set_Nights PetForums VIP

I was just about to post about this. The Daily Mail covered this too and show a video of the bite: Link. It is Dogo, one of banned breeds here. The dog was giving off calming signals, licking its lips a lot, but you could excuse someone for not picking up on them as it didn't bare its teeth, curl its lips or growl as a warning. In the dogs defence though if didn't look like it meant to cause damage, a big powerful breed like that could cause a huge amount of damage and hold on if it really wanted to attack. It just seems like the poor dog was really stressed out and she was really invading his personal space so he gave her a quick warning snap to back off and happened to catch her lip.

The owner has been fined and the dog is being detained and observed for rabies but hopefully that will be the end of it and the dog won't be put down :(.

6. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

I watched the clip earlier and found it difficult to watch- Just kept thinking 'please stop!!!!' Being a dog lover and owner for a few years I have learnt the signs and body language and it is vital around dogs. I feel sorry for the woman as she was just being affectionate but it was obvious by the dog licking his lips, the look in his eyes, he'd had enough and I think the 'bite' he gave her was as a firm warning to back off. The dog had been through a very difficult time and was probably already quite stressed to start, now after this looks like he is going through even more. Poor thing. Hope the woman isn't to badly affected.

7. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

Read this earlier
    The poor dog had been in the studio for 45 minutes before hand so no doubt under studio lights was all hot and bothered and not in the best of moods
    And then some stupid woman decides it would be a good idea to shove her face into the poor dogs face
    If she had shoved her face into mine id have bitten /nipped her as well

Maybe they should let the dog out and impound the stupid woman instead!!

8. skyblue

skyblue PetForums VIP

watch again,the dog wasn't interested,he turned his head away....he gave signals

now someone get me that dog please:D

9. dorrit

dorrit PetForums VIP

I just watched the video and all I can think is yet again a dog will suffer for human stupidity...
    This woman says she loves animals does a piece every week on animals and yet there she is clearly not taking note of what the dogs body language is saying..

That, in my book was not an attack, it was a warning snap , a one off 'get out of my face ' message from the dog..

I hope someone sees sense and lets the poor dog go home.

10. Manoy Moneelil

Manoy Moneelil PetForums VIP

CBS (?) are working to get the clip removed from YouTube etc

This is a working copy Dog bites news anchor Kyle Dyer in the face | Goalshighlights | Soccer Goals | | Latest Video News | Football Matches | Champions League Live Stream HD atm.

I've got off-line copies.

But yes the dog is fine with her until she put her hand to cover the dog's face/eye, then the snap. The dog was not settled but calm prior to her wanting to squeeze a bit more of her self-promotion from the story. Dopey presenter.

11. DogLover1981

DogLover1981 PetForums VIP

The dog isn't being PTS. They're watching the dog for 10 days to be sure it is free of rabies.

I personally think the TV station doesn't want the video shown because incident is being overblown by them.

#11 DogLover1981, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  12. 5rivers79

5rivers79 PetForums VIP

Why is this breed banned over here?

Dogos hunt and kill boar and puma so her little face would have been a snack if he was aggressive. Human error but dog gets blamed. :rolleyes:

13. canuckjill

canuckjill PetForums VIP

I agree human error, even my 9 yr old grandson has been taught not to put his face in a dogs face, cause you never know. Hopefully the dog is just observed and then released back to the owner...

14. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

Stupid woman!!!

15. Sashadog

Sashadog PetForums Member

This is the kind of thing which gets me really angry.

When I was 6 I would have known not to put my face so close to a dog's. It's this stupid behaviour that makes so many people believe that staffy/mastiff types are bloodthirsty beasts.
    My dog's best friend is part pitt and she's about as dangerous as a BUTTERFLY, whereas I wouldn't be half so keen to go near some of the Jack russeljs down the park....

16. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

Shoving your face into Scrip will be a bad idea...he snaps at dogs who do so..and I am sure he will snap at stupid human too!

17. Mollyspringer

Mollyspringer PetForums Senior

Stupid place to put her face-that's the first thing I thought when I read the headline:nonod:

18. claire & the gang

claire & the gang PetForums Senior

You don`t try to kiss a dog that you don`t know she paid no attention to his body language then put both hands on his face & lunged in for a kiss.

Poor dog had also just been through a traumatic experience, then stuck in unfamiliar surrounding of a studio - that is enough to test most dogs temperaments.

Human stupidity yet again showing dogs in a bad light:nonod:

19. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

That poor dog had been through a huge scary event the day before i believe, all he needed was a bit of chill time to get over being stuck in a icy lake , but no instead it was paraded in front of the camera's in a strange environment, under blaring light's , then the stupid women sticks her face in his :rolleyes: STUPID IDIOT PEOPLE

20. Nancy23

Nancy23 PetForums Senior

What a stupid idiot:mad: id of bit her to, poor dog:(

#20 Nancy23, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice