Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog Bed

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Borg, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Borg

Borg PetForums Newbie

Looking for good quality dog bed for Cockapoo any recommendations? Wouldn't mind a heated one that runs on power, not interested is self heating ones, had one before no different to normal bed.

2. Beth78

Beth78 PetForums VIP

I've recently switched my dogs bed to a duvet cover with a sheet and blanket, makes it much easier to clean and she now chooses to sleep in it (sometimes).

3. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

I always had a small duvet folded in half so it's was nice and snugly for Amber as you say easy to keep clean. Dillon didn't do beds he was happy lying on the floor :rolleyes:

Beth78 likes this.
  4. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

I bought an orthopaedic bed years ago. A bargain to keep for Heidi’s retirement.
    OH insisted we see if she liked it and that was it. 8 years on, she still prefers the comfort of her bed over anything else. I’ve never had a dog love their bed so much.
    Covers are fully washable. I put a fleece blanket over it for regular washing and it’s still like new.
    From my experience I’d put comfort over warmth

Lurcherlad and Beth78 like this.
  5. Borg

Borg PetForums Newbie

Thanks the comfort point is a good one, I surpose that makes my search a little tricker as I will be looking for heat and comfort.

6. Torin.

Torin. PetForums VIP

If you want heat you could always buy a Snugglesafe or plug in heat pad? Those are common options for rescue and boarding kennels.

Beth78 likes this.
  7. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Does the dog sleep somewhere particularly cold?

Just that my lean, thin coated lurcher will rearrange himself on top of fleeces if I cover him thinking he’s cold.

I don’t think he’d like a heated bed tbh.

Beth78 likes this.
  8. Data Monkey

Data Monkey PetForums Newbie

We just bought a fairly bog-standard one for our cockapoo and she seems very happy in it.

Unless yours is kept in an unheated outhouse, I wouldn't have thought they would need any heating source.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice