Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog bath

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by sue280, Mar 20, 2008.

1. sue280

sue280 PetForums Newbie

Ive just been to a "self-serve" dog wash in Enfield, Middlesex. You just put your dog in a bath, insert some coins and help yourself to water, shampoo, conditioner and flea rinse and you can then blow-dry your dog. It was so easy to use and saved all the mess in my bathroom. Has anyone seen any more of these?

2. Jenny Olley

Jenny Olley PetForums VIP

I've passed one in a petrol station somewhere, seems like a good idea, i don't bath my dogs, I just take them out in the rain, that cleans them up a bit.

3. claire

claire Guest

ive never seen these, sounds a good idea tho cos they make a right mess in ya bath room

4. andrea 35

andrea 35 PetForums VIP

lol sounds like a good idea I have to bath my labs quite frequently they are both pale cream in colour and end up looking like chocolate labs sometimes when we come back from the park , they take every opertunity to run through mud, jump in the filthy water , and roll in fox poo , this being particallary smelly . I do make sure i use baby shampoo and rinse them very thoroughly and i always check to see that its not drying out thier skin , all god so far but a dog wash would be perfect and less messy at home !!!

5. clare7577

clare7577 Guest

Never seen anything like that before,good idea.

6. englishrose943

englishrose943 PetForums VIP

Yes i have seen one at the dog supermarket near us and there are always people using it. I havent but maybe would in the future.:)

7. garryd

garryd Guest

i bought a proper big dog bath that i fill and use out on my patio ,i dont wash my dogs inside where i wash :eek: no chance:)

8. clare7577

clare7577 Guest

I cheat and send mine to the grooming parlour!!!

9. JimJamz

JimJamz PetForums Member

I also take the easy way out and send my 2 to the groomers. Saves the mess.

10. eieio

eieio PetForums Member

Hi can i ask what bath you bought , i was thinking of buying one of those galvanised baths that builders use ,( never go rusty) and keeping it on my patio. ? . :D

11. Melissa

Melissa PetForums Newbie

Sounds like a great idea, but I would want to know what shampoo they provide, human/baby shampoo's are no good for animals, they are a different pH, and will dry out the skin and coat!
    Archie HATES:mad: the bath

12. griffpan

griffpan PetForums VIP

Hiya a mate of ours has a plasterers bath outside, they've plumbed it in and in the winter they put a gazebo over it. It's brill i'd love one for our lot, we use our shower at the mo for them and we get wetter than they do :eek:

13. minnie

minnie PetForums VIP

dog shampoo dries out mins skin more than baby shampoo?

14. garryd

garryd Guest

well you could use anything realy,even a water but cut in half;) etc etc but i bought mine from country wide!

15. AJ

AJ Guest

That's a damn good idea, think I'll have to look into doing something like that, we use our bath to do ours, but now we have 3 its becoming a bit too much!

Just had a nightmare! One of them did a sloppy poo in their sleeping area and then both decided it was a good idea to play fight in it and jump up the walls and gate. So I've had fun cleaning the walls and gate then bathing them both and cleaning the bathroom. Wheres the OH when you need her!?! :eek:

16. garryd

garryd Guest

the thing is alan i wouldnt fancie washing my self where my dog have been washed to:eek: no chance;)
    I mean would you bath in a hotel if dogs had been washed and bathed in the bath room!??

17. AJ

AJ Guest

Yeah so long as it had been cleaned after! Would be much more practical to have it outside though just for the dogs! ;)

18. catzndogz

catzndogz PetForums Senior

never seen one but i cheat & send mine 2 groomers cos i'm lazy:D:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice