Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

dog attacks , how is this justified

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by emilylp, Aug 9, 2009.

1. emilylp

emilylp PetForums VIP

Hey all :D

just a general post, i know that most people are bad owners who make there dogs aggressive, but been reading some posts on google about dog attacks, and there are ones that are loving family pets that randomly attack children, i know theres probably no answer but how could a loving pet change into a savage beast?

2. kayz

kayz PetForums VIP

Having their tail/fur pulled one too many times, being poked, being teased. All these things could make a dog attack even if it seems to be the perfect family pet.

3. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I dont think one would ever 'randomly' attack anything. A poorly dog could bite also if a child fell on one it may resort to biting out of shock.

4. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

To be honest it is never randomly but often the ignorance of parents/owners. Even the most patient of dog can get annoyed, Maya was very hot the other day and was likely made hotter by 5 kids hugging her and she gave a small growl after only a few minutes. The kids ignored her and continued hugging but I told them that Maya is too hot now and you got to let her go, had I ignored this she may have snapped.

Maya is a fantastic dog with kids and loves them, she enjoys human company but it shows even she has her limits.

Dogs are still animals and allot of people forget that seeing them as little people and sadly this is often where things can go wrong. Many dog attacks on kids you find the parent has left the room with them together unattended and who knows what could have happened for rover to bite or even kill a kid.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice