Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog attacking people

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by tosmod, Dec 28, 2007.

1. tosmod

tosmod PetForums Newbie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 2yr old boxer/lab. She has been a good dog, until I moved house in August. I have had to re-toilet train her as a result of stress from moving. She has recently (the last month or so) started to attack people when off the lead(I only let her off in fields, parks etc, and havent had a problem with her before) she will bark and nip them. She had her first vaccines around 6 weeks ago - the vet gave her a clean bill of health. What is causing it, how do I fix it? Its very upsetting, I have just had a guy threaten to break her neck, which while I understand he was cross as she was barking at him, is not what you need to hear when you dont know whats wrong...

She wont attack me, or anyone in the house, its outside.

2. carol

carol PetForums VIP

like you said she's stressed and got it into her head she has to protect you or and poss herself
    the move prob has unset her
    as well as retraining her toilet your will prob have to retain her behavour
    find a local training class and take her along
    as she was good before you moved see no reason why she will not be again, after she has settled in your new house and area.

good luck would love to see some picture's hope all works out soon

3. tosmod

tosmod PetForums Newbie

Hi there.

It goes without saying that I will not be letting her off the lead - as she has only done this twice, once a few weeks ago and then today, it hasnt been a common occurance until now.

Back to the training drawing board it is!

4. Debbie

Debbie PetForums VIP

Good luck with the re training - back to the drawing board with her and take it step by step :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice