Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog and cat advice for raw/general health

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Cheryl89, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Cheryl89

Hello you lot xx

So I've decided once Engel has finished her "Lillys Kitchen dog meat" and Bugsy has finished her many tubs left of Bozita gravy I'm going to re-attempt the transition into raw.

My vet has terrified me saying I'll poison them but I know the good people of PF know more then them and what is best for my babies.

Bugsy is the worst, she's the most fussiest cat ever and WON'T even touch mince, I have tried spooning it in a tiny bit at a time but she eats everything around it... so I'm a little at a loss with that?

Engel - I did raw TOTALLY wrong last time, and she ended up with worlds worst bottom because of it so I'm thinking giving her a raw chicken wing a day at first?

Both of my animals are sick at the moment, Engel has a broken right leg and a fractured left leg and Bugsy has a very low heart murmur and has just been spayed so anything great for their bodies is VITAL to me at the moment, can anyone suggest anything to slowly introduce things to them and also what vitamins are great for animals?

Thank you xxx

2. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

I would probably wait until Engel has recovered from her broken leg before changing her over. I don't really have a reason for this but I wouldn't switch an animal over to a new food when ill unless completely needing too.

3. Cheryl89

So just keep her on Lillys kitchen for now? I know it's really good quality dog meat... I have her on Wainwrights dry food too because it was the only thing that sorted her bowels out after the raw feed before, just really didn't seem to agree with her hence why I thought I'd post on here :)

I'll leave the girls as they are for now then :D thanks hun x

4. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

Well I don't know about your cat as I don't really know illnesses in cats. But with Engel's fractured back leg, although raw can help speed up recovery, I wouldn't risk her coming down with the runs and straining and using the toilet all the time. If that makes sense..

I'd possibly add some glucosamine and the bone supplements to her dinner though, help with the process a bit, but you'd have to speak to your vet as some supplements can slow things like AB's down.

5. Cheryl89

She finished her AB's two weeks ago now and the incision has completely healed and her furr is rapidly growing back yayyyy, I've been giving her seraquin twice a day with her food and hoping when she goes for her Xray in 2-3 weeks that this is showing to work so far...

That's what I'm terrified of, her having to put all her weight on her legs which are very damaged at the mo, thank you sweets xxx

6. lupie

lupie PetForums VIP

Can't help but will be watching with interest.

Ruska (dog) wolfs down her Natural Instinct like there's no tomorrow. But Poppy-cat, although I managed to successfully get her onto Nature's Menu sachets, I've started to mix in a little NI in to it and she eats around it or won't touch it :eek: Just thought it'd be a lot easier having them both on NI...guess I was wrong ;)

7. Cheryl89

Lol animals are funny things aren't they.

Engel (my springer) genuinely liked raw, it just REALLY didn't like her and I was back and forth from the vets - she lost lots of weight and had a real AWFUL rear end, the moment I switched her back she was back to normal and put weight on again :)

Bugsy (Persian/Ragdoll cross) is the FUSSIEST moo ever!!! :( Like yours just eats around it and generally prefers anything with gravy. I totally cut dry out of her diet though after seeing how bad it was for her, she was a proper addict so it took quite a while lol xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice