Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog AID

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by MerlinsMum, Jun 3, 2010.

1. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

I would like to take this chance to alert PF members to a NEW charity in the UK called DogAID. This is the first & only charity in the UK which helps train people's OWN dogs to aid them in whatever disability they have.

So far I don't think DogAID have had any publicity here and I only found out about it when a Facebook friend (lovely lady..... also very good trainer) posted about it when she applied to become a registered trainer with them and was accepted. She has since been to seminars and I wish her all the luck in the world, as the existing dog-disability charities here are over subscribed and not always quite in tune with some peoples' needs.

DogAID dogs are not able to wear an official jacket and be accepted as genuine assistance dogs yet.... but that is something that needs support to make happen.

home page

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice