Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog agressive towards us now that new puppy is introduced.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Keanna, Feb 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keanna

Keanna PetForums Newbie

I have a 1 year old chihuahua and dashchund mix who was very calm and mild tempered. He barely barked, never bit at anyone, and was very relaxed. We got a 2 month old puppy one month ago of the same breed. They are very playful together and they do exhibit play fighting ( mild growling, bowing down with butt in air, and rolling over when playing). When it is bedtime, they both choose to fall asleep with one parent on the couch until we go to bed ( the new puppy usually falls asleep on me and my other one falls asleep with my fiance on opposite side of the couch). We have a command of "bed" when it is time for them to go to the kennel to sleep for the night which both of them understand. However, when we tell our older one to go to bed now, he growls and bites at us with intent to harm. He never did this before we got the new puppy but seems to do it every night and the routine has not changed. Tonight, he actually drew blood and we are concerned. Why is he doing this now and how do we correct it? If it helps they are both males.
    We show them both equal amounts of attention and I make sure that my older puppy and I go on walks everyday by ourselves. They are both attached to me because my fiance works longer hours.

2. StormyThai

StormyThai Moderator
    Staff Member

Duplicate thread :Locktopic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice