Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

dog accomodation in uk, near faculties - pls help

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by paw-paw, Dec 14, 2007.

1. paw-paw

paw-paw PetForums Newbie

HI!

So I know this post is kind of weird but, here we go...

Next year (2008/2009) I am studying in UK and I still have not decided at which faculty I want to study. I am currently studying agriculture in my country, but for the 4th year I got the opurtunity to go somewhere in uk.
    The thing is that I would really want to take my dog with me. so here is the problem : he is big (50 kg), but he is totally housebroken and everything so there would not be any problems with him.
    I was checking the university of leeds and university of wales, aber. I am studying agriculture but in my last year I want something more conected with animals (leeds for example - zoology animal science...)
    I want to know if anyone has experience with faculties and how they will accept dogs. Of course he won't be with me on lectures, he will wait at home.
    I am worried about accomodation. Does anyone know if dogs are accepted in places that are offered by faculties? I would like to have a room to myself (not shared). Or are there like privete accomodations around faculties (where they accept dogs). And parks...
    Are there any special laws in leeds or wales...(I konw about leash law, picking after your dog, he is also not a "dangerous breed"...) ?

Thanks

2. Jenny Olley

Jenny Olley PetForums VIP

As far as I am aware dogs are not allowed in on campus student accomodation, with the exception of assistance dogs. Lots of students in britain live in shared rented housing, but again I think you would find it difficult to find a landlord who allowed dogs. Your best source of information would be to contact the uni's directly with your quiery.

3. Magik

Magik Guest

very few rented houses allow pets.

4. terriermaid

terriermaid PetForums Senior

have you looked at bickley college in devon ,as its in sgricutural country you may be able to find accomodation that accepts dogs but it would be private

5. paw-paw

paw-paw PetForums Newbie

Hi, Will have a look at the bickley college, THX

6. terriermaid

terriermaid PetForums Senior

lol i got it wrong its bicton college

7. paw-paw

paw-paw PetForums Newbie

Thx :)

I was looking for bickley and couldn't find it, now I am going to search again, although I am also thinking about going to aber.

8. Woodaril

Woodaril PetForums Newbie

Yo Paw paw, how are you. Frustrated I'll bet. Mate, don't know if this will interest you, but here goes. Lackham College in Wiltshire is an agricultural college and is about half hours drive from the PET FRIENDLY house I am renting out. The size of your dog for my property is not an issue (Ihave 3 large and 1 medium), they love the garden.
    Anyway mate just a thought......you might already be sorted but good luck.......oh yes I keep mentioning this website, try Pet Friendly Rentals - pets welcome property & UK holiday accommodation to rent some nice properties there
    All the best

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice