Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

does your kittie do this

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by nettleboo, Mar 28, 2011.

1. nettleboo

nettleboo PetForums Junior

one of my strange little cats likes to sit on my lap and pad my tummy whilst suckling my clothes as if she is getting milk from a teat ive also seen her do this on my dressing gowns made of fleece and also fleece throws? strange maybe she thinks im her mum

2. Dante

Dante PetForums VIP

Panny does this to my fleece dressing gown and fleece throws as well (occasionally other materials aswell, but fleece he particularly goes mental for) - we got them too young so I think he's always used it as a substitute for Mummy. Nearly 13 months old now and I think he'll be doing it for a long time to come :p

Schrodinger on the other hand has never done it and doesn't do it to any other type of material either.

3. nettleboo

nettleboo PetForums Junior

hello thanks for reply the thing is bibbie is nearly 4 years old lol and she was living with my friend till we took her on i just wondered if others cats did this too

4. TatiLie

TatiLie PetForums VIP

Mine has stopped the suckling but is still kneading. She's 8 months old and does it every single time she finds her blankets.

5. catzz

catzz PetForums Senior

Yep - my Gypsy does this to the furry throw that is on the bed. I go to sleep every night with my stomach being kneeded and this "slurp-slurp-slurp" noise!

6. Chez87

Chez87 PetForums VIP

My cat is 10 this year and has done it since we got her as a baby.

7. francescah

francescah PetForums Member

Paddy does it to the fleece blankets we have and to his doughnut bed. When we first got him he used to do it to my arm too but he doesn't bother with me as much now.
    No sure when he was separated from his mummy but probably quite young as he was a stray who was found on his own.

8. Abcynthia

Abcynthia PetForums Member

One of my cats, Diego, does this. He will be turning 1 soon. I rescued him along with his mother so he definitely wasn't taken from his mum too early as she is still here lol

He loves tshirty material and leaves massive wet patches. He is obsessed with my little girls clothes (she's 2) because she has a lot of this material and he even wakes her up early hours of the morning doing this to her sleeves of her pjs. She thinks it's funny...I find it a little frustrating when it's woken her up at 5am :001_tongue:

9. merothe

merothe PetForums Senior

Mine both knead and Humphrey used to suckle but grew out of it.

10. wind1

wind1 PetForums VIP

My cat Beanie is 5 and still does this. He has his own special little cloth called a nuswa?? Not sure how it got the name but when we see he wants it the whole household runs around to find it for him.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice